Question New 60hp Merc upgrade

I need a new motor for my saltwater rig which is a 17' aluminum center console Polar Kraft. Currently it has a 1999 60 hp Yamaha that I've been less than pleased with since owning it new and it's about to rot in two. That's a whole different story. Anyways, I've been thinking of getting a new 60hp 4 stroke Mercury mainly cause Mercury has never left me stranded. The boat is rated for a 75 hp but I am tying to stay within the weight of the Yama because I do a lot of flounder gigging and weight is a huge factor. You figure that I try to get into mere inches of water. I use the boat for other items also like all kinds of saltwater fishing, shrimping, and gathering oysters and clams. But weight isn't a factor for those.

So my question is what foot would you think would work best? The standard foot or the "thrust command"? I've been reading up on them but I get mixed reviews. I understand that the standard foot is 1.83:1 and the thrust command is 2.33:1. But on some websites it says you can run a larger diameter prop with the thrust command which helps with lift and turning. If you've ever been in a mostly flat bottom aluminum boat then you know I could use all the lift and turning I can get as I do sometimes get into very rough water. It has a slight v in it but not much.

Swapping from Yamaha to Mercury, I know I will have to change controls and such. And most likely Mr Don will be doing the future swap as he does take care of the other boat.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

FWIW, the current Yamaha fourstroke and largely considered bullet proof motors and the 70 they make is the same weight as the 60s. Not trying to talk you out of the Mercury, just presenting other options. If you tend to load your boat down I'd go with the Bigfoot but since it sounds like you keep it light to run in skinny water the standard LU might be best.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

About the heaviest I ever load the boat down is when i go shark fishing. Thanks for the input. I know the yamaha's seem to not rot as quick as Mercs in the saltwater but all of them will. Done more research.
    Yamaha 60hp I have now is 229 lbs
    Yamaha F70 is 257 lbs
    Yamaha F60 is 249 lbs
    Merc 60 power thrust is 260 lbs
    Merc 60 reg is 247 lbs.
    Honda 60 is 240 lbs.

Hmmm I will have to ask around about the Yamaha midrange 4 strokes.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Go with the Command Thrust Model. It will swing a larger, more efficient prop (and work well for your setup).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you sir.