Garmin Striker 7SV - just bought and have a couple quick Questions

I just bought one last night at BassPro. I noticed this morning there isn't a cover in the box (no contents list in the paperwork). I saw unboxing videos online where a cover was included. Can anyone confirm if there should be one or if Garmin stopped including them recently. Trying to decide if I need to deal with 2 hour round trip/calling Garmin or not.

Also, the paperwork doesn't say why there's a GROUND lug on the body of the unit when the power harness has a GROUND wire on it as well. Looking at Garmins support page for manuals, the online manual doesn't show this extra connection, but the paperwork in the box shows it connected to Battery NEG along with the power harness BLACK wire.
    2013 Crestliner VT17 w/Mercury 60 Four stroke

2. Member
    Sometimes grounding that connection can help with interference issues (from a trolling motor etc) or connection issues when connecting two devices together - like a radio. I would not bother unless it is needed. Its a hassle to connected/disconnect unless you also add another plug.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by bwfish View Post
    I just bought one last night at BassPro. I noticed this morning there isn't a cover in the box (no contents list in the paperwork). I saw unboxing videos online where a cover was included. Can anyone confirm if there should be one or if Garmin stopped including them recently. Trying to decide if I need to deal with 2 hour round trip/calling Garmin or not.
    The echoMAPs come with a screen cover, but the Strikers do not.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Thanks for the quick answers. I have had it out on the water the last two days. Now I can see all of the fish I'm not catching! ��
    2013 Crestliner VT17 w/Mercury 60 Four stroke

Let me hijack this post since his question was answered. I also have a striker 7sv at console and today getting the striker 4 for the bow. If I am wiring the two together to share waypoints do I then need to ground the 7sv?

2016 Tracker 175txw w/60 HP Merc
    "New Generation" Vinyl Flooring
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Garmin Striker 4dv
    Minn Kota Maxuum 70lb Variable
    Minn Kota 3-Bank Charger

Marine Corps 2007-2013

6. Member
    That will be spelled out in the installation manuals for the two units. You can download the PDF versions and then do a search for "ground" and "NMEA". That should tell you exactly what to do. If you have the paper versions - they are only a page or two to read :)
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDaddy View Post
    Let me hijack this post since his question was answered. I also have a striker 7sv at console and today getting the striker 4 for the bow. If I am wiring the two together to share waypoints do I then need to ground the 7sv?
    As long as your two Striker units share a common ground (which is almost always the case with boat installs), all you need to do is connect blue to brown, brown to blue from each unit power cable to share wpts.
    Garmin Pro Team

As long as your two Striker units share a common ground (which is almost always the case with boat installs), all you need to do is connect blue to brown, brown to blue from each unit power cable to share wpts.
    Garmin Pro Team

Okay. I connected blue to blue and brown to brown no wonder why I couldn't share the waypoints. Thaks fellas. They didn't say anything about that in my manuals in the box.

2016 Tracker 175txw w/60 HP Merc
    "New Generation" Vinyl Flooring
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Garmin Striker 4dv
    Minn Kota Maxuum 70lb Variable
    Minn Kota 3-Bank Charger

Marine Corps 2007-2013

Okay. I connected blue to blue and brown to brown no wonder why I couldn't share the waypoints. Thaks fellas. They didn't say anything about that in my manuals in the box.
    Forgot to mention, you also have to enable Data Sharing on both units as well.
    Garmin Pro Team