Anyone have a ranger reata 180vs

I am looking at buying a 2007 ranger reata 180vs. It is 2 hours away so I am l just working off of pics. 1rst question is the boat has a 115 etech on it. Would anyone know if this is enough motor? Also can you use the ski locker for rod storage? I usually use around 8 rods so am not thinking that the dedicated rod locker will be enough. If I can use the the ski storage I think it will work. My last question is has anyone ram mounted a large depth finder to the right side of the console? Looks like you may be able to. Thanks to anyone who answers

2. Member
    I have an 07 190vs. The motor question is one of debate. Probably real economical, but most 180's have a 150. Depends on your intent. The ski locker can be converted to rod storage as the rod locker will not be enough. IT is a wet starage though so no long term use. I have not mounted a finder on the driver console but there are configurations that allow it.
    Joe Shelby
    2007 190vs ranger reata
    200 opti

3. Wanabe Engineer LiveToDrive76's Avatar
    The rod locker is short and useless. It's a slow boat with a 150, I would hate to have a 115 on it. My opinion may not be the best though, I owned a XB03 and a Viper Coral befor this. Both were bigger, lighter, and had more powerful motors. I only had the 180 for a year and did not like it.
    Beater boats catch fish too... It's what I have to tell myself right now...

If you don't mind running across the water at 30 mph, then the 115hp will work. The 18' Reata is a heavy boat, compared to other manufacturer's models in the same size, so performance is barely adequate, even with a 150hp. Best I remember, Ranger finally upped the maximum hp rating for the Reata from 150 to 175 in 2015, which put it on-par with some of the other 18' boats. I think it would be a stellar performer with a 200hp!

FYI - I have a 2015 1850 LS with the 150 Mercury 4-stroke.
    Last edited by WestTexasRanger; 02-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.