Thread: Randy Hopper

Banned

USA Randy Hopper

Im sure alot of you have heard this Fantastic Rumor but word swirling around Mt Home is that Randy Hopper and Keith Daffron have been talking about Buying Legend Bass Boats and taking the Bass Boat World by storm again???? Supposedly Randys do not compete clause is up this Spring 2017 and theirs been alot of Rumblings....Ranger Execs have been in Tennessee looking at a Manufacturing area to supposedly build their Glass Boats and move out of Flippin Ark, if they did this their would be a labor force looking for work....

2. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    I haven't heard that rumor. I do think that Keith and perhaps Randy will eventually be back in "A" boat business.................all just my opinion and I think it would be positive for the industry. Randy and Keith both have great benefits to offer the industry. I wish they could/would buy Ranger from JM. Gosh, I surely hope that JM doesn't move the Ranger factory to TN. Literally hundreds of lives would be severely affected with lost jobs and the local economy would really suffer. All kinds of rumors seem to be flying around..................will be interesting to sit back and see what happens........................RR
    Last edited by GhostComanche; 09-30-2016 at 08:04 PM.

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaMan View Post
    Im sure alot of you have heard this Fantastic Rumor but word swirling around Mt Home is that Randy Hopper and Keith Daffron have been talking about Buying Legend Bass Boats and taking the Bass Boat World by storm again???? Supposedly Randys do not compete clause is up this Spring 2017 and theirs been alot of Rumblings....Ranger Execs have been in Tennessee looking at a Manufacturing area to supposedly build their Glass Boats and move out of Flippin Ark, if they did this their would be a labor force looking for work....
    You are close, that was the reason for the threaded I started on Legend Rumble's and rumors they are not if all falls in to place.But you have to watch what you say on here because someone will call you a disgruntled,hommer for Ranger lol....But if all comes to pass Legend will be in good hands for quite sometime be patient it's all not far away.......

4. Banned
    Well for Sure their Looking in TN, they met with the Governor this last week.. Flippin will be a changing.....Theirs always Guiding on the White River

5. Member
    I hope Ranger stays in Flippin and Randy and Keith do their thing and bring us a fantastic product and make a change for the better, if they buy Legend their will be a great ruff water ride with Ranger technologies inside.

6. Member
    Didn't Randy Hopper help destroy the Champion boat line?

7. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    It was in trouble before Randy got a chance to put the lid on the jar.........................RR

really ranger rough water ride no ranger rides better then a legend man none

9. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boat guy View Post
    really ranger rough water ride no ranger rides better then a legend man none
    Say what??........................RR

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    It was in trouble before Randy got a chance to put the lid on the jar.........................RR
    I can agree with that when Champion wasn't in the best financial shape. The rumor I heard was Randy didn't like Champion because it was Rangers top competitor, and was always looking for a way to rid that competition.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    I can agree with that when Champion wasn't in the best financial shape. The rumor I heard was Randy didn't like Champion because it was Rangers top competitor, and was always looking for a way to rid that competition.
    ^This... been hearing some not so good rumors about legend the last year, lots of legend guys locally have gone to phoenix maybe they're hearing the same thing or more than I have. While not enthused by Randy and co., Hopper coming in with a buyout might not be all that bad of a thing for legend when the dust settles.

12. Member
    I had a champion and they went BK so I was left with no warranty so jumped ship to Triton loved my tr21 and 20xs now as far as Ranger ride my Z521c rides great and I couldn't be happier it's a pre JM model, you can have the best riding bass boat made but it will ride rough with a bad driver and that's the ugly truth. I'm not bias to any brand but I've had many brands and love my Ranger. Love the Basscat too.

If this happens I think its a win across the board....except the part where manufacturing leaves flippin cuz that is straight up dumb! Randy at the helm for legend, Charger building the 210 Elite, Falcon boat is a new company and Cobra trying to get back in the game is all great news for everyone.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaMan View Post
    Not sure all that is quite right. It's not the Ranger execs that are in TN looking, it's the Triton guys. Remember the Triton business team is still in TN. Triton people have been complaining about their second class citizen status in the Flippin factory under Hopper. They never had enough support, material, or people. Best thing that ever happened to Triton was Hopper leaving. I think you'll see Triton moving back to TN. They will probably keep the Triton aluminum in Flippin since it's the same boat as the Ranger aluminums. Word I heard was if Randy Q. sells Legend, they may go back to Texas. Hopper will no doubt try and peel as many plant workers away as possible. Aren't rumors fun?

15. Member
    It's all true I heard it on the internet

16. Member
    Sounds like rumor central to me...none of the above is true...

17. Banned
    BUMP

18. Member
    Well do much for Randy and his group. Johnny beat him to it and had deeper pockets I would say.

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    Not exactly true ... When Genmar got Champion, Hopper cut budgets and advertising, so Erwin Jacobs made Don Wood pres of Champion taking it away from Hopper. When PE bought Genmar, Champion was selling more boats than Legend and gaining on Stratos. PE put it back under Hopper and he put the lid on them at that point, shutting down the brand and moving the 3 Elite hulls to Stratos badging for 2011-2013, before they were taken out of production. The 210 is back under Charger brand and the 198 is coming for 2018. According to Kelly Power, there will be more Champ models available by Charger in the future.

Looks like White River Marine Group (Johnny Morris) has inked a deal with Legend.

20. Member
    White River has acquired Legend Boats. Just got my email a little while ago.