Thread: Mineral Rights?

Mineral Rights?

This isn't a stock or investment, but I need to ask my bass boat brethren a related question. My Mom's family is from Texas. Recently her uncle passed away and a document showed up in the mail stating that she and her brother had inherited mineral rights to some land near Wichita. They hired a lawyer, but the process is slow moving. Now a letter shows up from a company offering 4100 bucks if she and he will sell those rights. How do I begin to approach this? I'm assuming it's a low offer since none of the oil wells that are there are pumping. I need to advise them as someday those rights will be passed on to me. I'm starting here.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Nevermind, I found a forum all about this.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Don't forget its not all about oil, there is some places with actual minerals, gold , silver, iron, salt etc etc etc

I would have a good title search done just to make sure that the mineral rights are as thearly letter says and I would definitely not sell them unless the price was really really good.

Thanks guys. I will definitely research this thing thoroughly. I may even have to make a run down to Texas and talk to some county people. Also to check the place out since I've never been there.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat