Thread: Pro Gator???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro Gator???

I've recently discovered Pro Gator boats, and I'd like to get more information on them....especially the 210 Extreme model. I have a few questions for anyone who may be able to answer
    1. Can these boats be purchased factory-direct, or are they sold through dealerships?
    2. Does anyone have experience with any of their bass boat models? If so, how does it perform....rough water ride, handling, holeshot, speed?
    3. Does anyone have pictures of one...exterior, interior, anything? Their website leaves a lot to be desired in this department. I'd love to see the storage layout, dash, bilge compartment...
    Thanks in advance, guys. A product from a small family-run company that you don't see everywhere is quite appealing to me.

2. Member
    1. Yes you can buy factory direct.
    2. All their boats are awesome and also they are the nicest people you'll meet
    3.look at their website it's www.progator.com

I currently don't own one, but I'm not far from the factory and can guarantee you when I upgrade from my 86 ray craft it will be pro gator

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have any input? Really want to see more of the storage compartments, and hear how they perform.

4. Member
    Just give them a call. They would be more than happy to help with any question but you might want to move this post to the general section. Not many people look at the rare boat brands section

5. Member
    Thanks for the tip.

6. Member
    They are very well built boat. Mr. Leroy and his family are good people. It won't be the fastest but it is a very good fishing platform with tons of storage.

7. Member
    I bought a 190V in 2005, still have it. This thing is a bass fishing battle wagon. You can't tear it up. I have had zero problems with it. Now for my .02...
    not much leg room under steering wheel
    good hole shot (Evinrude 200 ETEC) my top speed was 74mph b4 I chickened out, still pedal left btw
    handles great, 3300 lbs boat, triller and all
    I've purchased the expensive 3 blade props, but the 4 blade renegade gives me quicker hole shot and a lot better handling
    It doesn't seem to be as smooth in rough water as my bud's skeeter, but he had more fuel (weight) and has a foot on me in length

Sam P.

8. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I may find someone to take me for a ride someday....if I find one in the Midwest.

I own an older ProGator 200V. I can take my wife out in white capping water and she doesn't get scared. she's not an adrenalin junkie, she's more of the office type girlie girl Hopefully that will you an idea of the rough waster capability of a ProGator

10. Member
    Sounds reassuring. Thanks for the info.

11. Member
    Excellent boats, excellent folks to deal with.

12. Member
    I own a 2014 210 xtreme. Acctually have it up for sale. If interested txt/call me 870-310-1616 Texarkana Arkansas

The Moore's are good people and have been building boats 1 at a time by hand for years. Quality and craftsmanship are top notch. The stump warranty they give is proof positive they build a good'un. I'm sure they will take pics of whatever you wish if you give them a call. I've fished out of many over the years and on Toledo Bend as rough as it gets only a Champion comes close.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

Quote Originally Posted by mark-o View Post
    The Moore's are good people and have been building boats 1 at a time by hand for years. Quality and craftsmanship are top notch. The stump warranty they give is proof positive they build a good'un. I'm sure they will take pics of whatever you wish if you give them a call. I've fished out of many over the years and on Toledo Bend as rough as it gets only a Champion comes close.
    i second that on the rough water ride, I've come to find out how incredibly well a Gator handles rough water at speed. Trim down a tad and it splits waves and sticks to the water like glue.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

15. Member
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm not in the position to buy at this moment, but I'll definitely be keeping them in mind down the road. If the ride is on par with Champion, it's about as smooth as they come.

16. Member
    A buddy of mine bought one last year, he was coming out of the 21' champion and he likes the pro gator better in everyway

17. Banned
    They're a good boat, they just don't spend a ton of money on advertising, really shouldn't be considered rare either, been around a long time. Rumor was some of the early Legend boats (cir. 2003?) were built in the pro gator facility.

18. Member
    The Moores are good people. You cant tear up a Pro Gator boat. When the Classic was here a few years ago, one of the salesmen(I think) launched an Extreme on the river before daylight and was headed to the Bassmaster launch. He ramped a rock jetty and the boat still floated. Give them a call and they will answer anything you ask.

It's a tank, however it'll run 70 gps with two people and gear and full tank of gas on a light chop. It does take it a bit to get. My boat came with a 6" plate, I'm giving to have a 10" built that will comp for some of the negative angle on the transom. I trim it as far as it will go, but it feels like it could stand a good bit more. With the 10" plate I may be able to come up on the motor a bit more too. It's at 3 1/2 ptp now.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Opps. Duplicate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast