Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sunline FC super sniper

2. Scraps
    I'm with the "there's something wrong" crowd. I know when I first used FD I had problems with using the palomar knot. Anywhere in the knot that you have line on top of line it will cut. This is tough to avoid with FD if you're not careful. It's so tough that I'd say try another knot.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    I used to share the hatred until I learned to manage flouro. It starts with not putting it on a spinning real, then learning better knots like the fg. Line care checking for nicks etc. Then goes to using line treatment. I use real magic because it's easy to find at Walmart but I think they all serve the same purpose. And you have to prepare yourself for replacing it sooner than braid. Mono to me has about the same usable lifespan with treatment. In an average day I have 10 rods on my deck, and 7-8 have flouro. I use Seaguar red label for heavy 12-20 applications and invisx for anything lighter. Took me a while but that's a winning combo for me. And cheap enough.

4. Banned
    Again any concerns I had were the line right out of the box. At times I would purchase the line to use as a leader for braided line (shakeyhead technique). I have found the knot was the main problem I was creating. I started using the "Shaw Grigsby knot" I was directed to in this post. Great knot by the way.

Sunline FC super sniper or Toray bawo fluorocarbon 100%
    the best
    2006 Triton Tr186 / 2011 Mercury 200 Optimax

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Love that P line I feel like my stuff fly's with that stuff on

I agree sunline fc sniper is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldbass55 View Post
    If you are using it on casting reels, sunline green sniper is the best there is..Casts great, and with a shot of reelsnot before each trip, holds up for a long time...
    I tried almost all of them also, and wasnt happy until i started using the Sunline...
    LD

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    i don't get how we can spend $200 on a rod, $200 on a reel then complain about $10-$25 on line... with fluorocarbon you get what you pay for.. I use sunline shooter its expensive but worth it.
    Because a rod & reel usually last 3+YEARS, line gets changed out every 3+WEEKS.

9. Member
    I use PLine Flouroclear with good results on most flourocarbon applications, but for the "serious" rods like my jerkbait rod, I use Sunline Sniper. It is incredible. Just respooled my jerbait rod for the first time in 2 years. You gotta use line conditioner on flouro especially if it is a bait that is prone to creating a twist.
    Now for crankbaits I have gone to the Sunline Super Natural Mono. Inexpensive and it really works great.
    The best thing about the Sunline brand is the diameter is so much less. I use 12# for jerkbaits and it is the equivalent of less than 10 of most other brands.

10. Member
    Love it !! Can feel the bottom so well with finesse stuff ... Only use Invisx and red label

11. Banned
    Hate to hi-jack this post but what you guys think of Gamma Plus Fluorocarbon line?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSDRD View Post
    I have given fluorocarbon line several chances with no satisfaction in outcome. I've used almost every name brand and some new named brands with the same results, No Shelf life after 2-3 weeks. At prices from $10-$25 for a 100 yd. spool that is expensive to me. Anyone else have this same review of fluorocarbon line?
    I've given Flouro more than enough chances. I'd find myself allured by its "inivisibility", try it, get frustrated with it, then after a few years I'd forget the whole experience and do it over again. Too finicky for me and knot strength lacks. I do fish some clear waters, so for those setups I use mono.

I do use a flouro leader now and then without any issues.

Otherwise, I'm all about braid.
    2005 F250 Lariat 4x4 6.0
    2004 Ranger 185VX
    175 Merc Opti

Why is it that I use a Palomar knot exclusively with fluorocarbon and do not remember EVER breaking off? Apparently, those that have a problem with that knot are not tying it correctly. That's the ONLY answer.
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

14. Member
    I hated Flouro the first time I used it and took it off rather quickly. I decided to give it another chance and got a steal of a deal on some Tatsu and bought a spool of Sunline Sniper as well. With the use of line conditioner and ensuring the spool is not overfilled, I now use it on two setups.

Tatsu was amazing line and was very manageable. I'd be running it still if it wasn't for the crazy price. Sniper was almost as good but was not quite as manageable but is good enough for me.

What I have taken away from this is you have to use line conditioner. If I didn't, it was always a mess. I now only run flouro on my cranking combos. Almost everything else is braid. I will tie on a flouro leader if needed though which to me is the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by XSDRD View Post
    I have given fluorocarbon line several chances with no satisfaction in outcome. I've used almost every name brand and some new named brands with the same results, No Shelf life after 2-3 weeks. At prices from $10-$25 for a 100 yd. spool that is expensive to me. Anyone else have this same review of fluorocarbon line?
    Yep, I tried it a few times and it was a mess. Switched back to braid with fluoro leaders and haven't looked back. I got a lot of advice on using different brands and line conditioners but there's no way I'm going to be spraying my line every time out etc. I did try a few of the recommended brands and none really improved the situation. So, you're not alone ;)

I have tried many lines but 2 years ago settled on Vicious ELITE fluorocarbon 17# (bottom baits) and 15# (cranking)...
    (am not on Team Vicious)
    also I use 16# Lucky Craft Iron Athlete 16# NT for top waters and swims...
    (KEY IS TO TIE A GOOD WET KNOT THEN RE-TIE 3X A DAY..or lines will break your heart)
    only use braid for frog fishing..Seaguar 40#...

These have never let me down and I fish 3x a week most weeks...and I power fish a LOT so make 5x the casts of a dragger.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12