Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    We've only been mid 70's so far but the LU is still barried. Need different jackplate we can't get motor up high enough.
    I really like the way a performer 4 Bc Carries weight and drives on robs boat.

My 28 has lot of cup, it runs more like a 29. Feels like to much pitch for his boat though can't get it to turn up enough.

I would think a 26 performer 4 Bc would be the ticket with a 200.

Still want to try my 26 hydro qiv O/T but it need to get it freshened up, got up on s stump with it during a tourney and an ear is layed back.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTS SHADOW View Post
    I JUST sold a 1988 20vt shadow set-up right 220 xri efi bobs l\u 26'' chopper all i could get out of it was 75@ 6000 80-90 seems like a tall order!
    guess it was a heavy one tunnel model
    no thats a just not a strong motor for that hull, a bridgeport 2.4 with a 29 srx easily runs 15-1700rpm higher and makes good power still at that,a 225 pm or 260 will take it into 90's as well. The hull is rated for 235

3. Member
    My mechanic found a '93 Merc 200 he's starting to rebuild. Putting new transom in too. I can't wait until he gets done. Boat currently has a 6 inch jack plate. Gonna upgrade to a 10 or 12 in. Also gonna try to wet sand/buff/ maybe put new clear coat on, and new carpet too. I want this thing to look showroom. I'll try to post pics when done. Might look into that 26 performer that 90 5.0 was talking about.

4. Member
    I'm about to have a fresh/rebuilt '93 merc 200 put on my shadow 180v. It'll be a very basic setup, 6 in jack plate, stock engine with no low water pick up, etc. I will need a prop. I'll have to buy one so any suggestions? Been thinking of a 26 pitch fury. Any others I need to check into?

5. Member
    You will need L/W pickup
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

6. Member
    Bump. I ended up getting a 93 mariner carbed 2.5 200. I'm still in the break in phase of a rebuild. Once I'm done with that, what props would you guys recommend trying? Engine came with a nicked up 24 trophy. I know that isn't going to be what I'll need but will send it off to get worked and keep for backup. Buddy told me he used to run a 29 Mazco on his. Sounds like a lot of prop? Gonna look at a 26 performer 4 bc, 27 tempest, and any other suggestions? Thanks for further input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12