Thread: Kansas City MO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kansas City MO

Im heading out to KC, MO this weekend and will be in the area for a week for a certification class on optical alignment. For anyone from the area can you give me restaurant ideas for a good evening meal? Will be staying in the I-70 / 435 intersection area..................

2. Member
    Too many to choose from. Here are some of my staples. Usually don't make a trip without eating at these places: Jack Stack BBQ at the Freight House is one of my favorites. If you want home cooked comfort food, Corner Cafe is my pick. Their cinnamon rolls are fantastic. For Mexican, Manny's is pretty good. Enjoy!

3. Member
    Gates bbq. Be ready to order. Lol. Id suggest burnt end sandwich. Lived there for 5 yrs. Arguably the best bbq in town.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

Drive out to Shawnee for some gas station BBQ at Joe's. Just ask someone at your hotel. They will get you there.

5. Banned
    "........Kansas City here I come......."

Dixon's Chili will be right around the corner from you..Not traditional chili....Place is always busy...been there for A LONG TIME...

Which 70/435 intersection are you talking about? 435 makes a loop around the city. My in laws live near the 70/435 interchange that is on the Kansas side. My wife and I like jack stack, but it's kind of expensive. I've always heard good things about joes but I've never been there.

8. Banned
    Strouds. You'll never think of fried chicken the same way again. Jess and Jims for steak. Just some options other than BBQ. If I listed my favorite BBQ, it would be 2 pages.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Which 70/435 intersection are you talking about? 435 makes a loop around the city. My in laws live near the 70/435 interchange that is on the Kansas side. My wife and I like jack stack, but it's kind of expensive. I've always heard good things about joes but I've never been there.
    MO side, but Ill be there long enough to check various places out.....................

You will be right by the Royals and Chiefs stadiums. If you like baseball, the K is a great place to watch a game.

11. Member
    435 & 70 puts you really close to LC's BBQ. Really need to hit Joe's Kansas City BBQ (fka) Oklahoma Joe's too. Have the Z-Man at Joe's!

12. Member
    Only two reasons to go a cross the state line, Cabelas and Slaps BBQ
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

13. Member
    Q39, Teds Cafe Espindido, talk of town, Johnnys sports bar, scheels sporting goods, blue moose.

15. Banned

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMesplay View Post
    Too many to choose from. Here are some of my staples. Usually don't make a trip without eating at these places: Jack Stack BBQ at the Freight House is one of my favorites. If you want home cooked comfort food, Corner Cafe is my pick. Their cinnamon rolls are fantastic. For Mexican, Manny's is pretty good. Enjoy!
    From that area and Jacks Stack and Corner Café are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Strouds. You'll never think of fried chicken the same way again. Jess and Jims for steak. Just some options other than BBQ. If I listed my favorite BBQ, it would be 2 pages.

This ^^^^^

18. Im wishin I was fishin
    Great store.

19. 9/11 - Never forget markheb's Avatar
    Hamburger Mary's. Make sure you wear something pink.

http://www.hamburgermarys.com/kc/
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

20. Member
    Ponaks on Southwest Blvd for great mexican, Joe's or Slaps in KCK for BBQ, Corner Cafe for home cookin and some pie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast