Thread: Kansas City MO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Go to Bass pro I mean Cabelas.. Good food around there...

2. Member
    I’m gonna go ahead and conjure up this old thread and ask the OP; where all did you end up eating? Thoughts?
    -
    Reason I ask is we just got back from KC yesterday (Great Wolf Lodge again with the family; we all had a blast.....again!); had Q39 this time, fantastic stuff! We ranked it right up there with Joe’s in the old Sinclair station.
    -
    Tough to pick one over the other; really just depends on what you order. But, yah can’t go wrong with either!

There is a small family owned Mexican restaurant up in Claycomo that is the absolute best I've ever eaten by a long shot...it's amazing! It is called El Sombrero and you will not regret trying it! For BBQ I prefer Jack Stacks or Gates and Smokehouse as a distant third. Stroud's is a sure bet for fried chicken. I was a KCPD police officer and spent a good part of my career in the Vice Unit. We worked in every area of the city and quickly learned the best places to eat, lol.

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    My bad. This is a very old post!

I’ll second Gates. And if your able to drive about an hour come to Topeka and eat at Lonnie’s BBQ. Thursday and Friday he has ribs and other days turkey pork and brisket. His cheesy potatoes are great!

Arguably the best BBQ in the state. Doesn’t have that over powering smoke flavor and it’s never dry or chewy. His ribs are hands down the best I’ve had.

PM me if you want directions. He has weird hours and if you want more info pm me.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    Drive out to Shawnee for some gas station BBQ at Joe's. Just ask someone at your hotel. They will get you there.
    Is this one of the Joe's your talking about the last time I was there it was Oklahoma Joe's sure was some fine dining.

https://www.joeskc.com/pages/gas-station-restaurant

We are heading to the race tomorrow and Sunday.

Joe's. The original gas station location!

8. Member
    Absolutely Corner Cafe

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    We are heading to the race tomorrow and Sunday.
    Down about 83rd State Ave there is a little hole in the wall BBQ place named "Wayndott Bar B Q" - gotta try there there BBQ Beef Sandwich and fries !

10. Member
    You guys have good taste. Can't go wrong with most of the places listed here. I also loved that someone knew about El Sombrero in the Village of Claycomo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12