Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    Where you guys are saying y’all put them are they still easy to get to if needed.
    Right in front of the fuel tank on the port side. Yes, they are easy to get to.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    Right in front of the fuel tank on the port side. Yes, they are easy to get to.
    Have to look into that. Thanks
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

3. Member
    I have to say Bass Cat vs PHX... My Partner was all thinking about getting into a PHX. After doing some research, he found that the fit a finish was not as clean as Bass Cat. Also the ride in Puma he like better than the PHX. The one thing the PHX was faster than my Puma, but my Puma on the Red River could stay with PHX, I could not over take them. My partner needed up and getting into a P3.. Again goes back to Customer Service from Bass Cat is the best in the industry. There Dealers are the best…. The folks at Bass Cat treat BOAT OWNERS like family…. That means a lot to me….

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG View Post
    I have to say Bass Cat vs PHX... My Partner was all thinking about getting into a PHX. After doing some research, he found that the fit a finish was not as clean as Bass Cat. Also the ride in Puma he like better than the PHX. The one thing the PHX was faster than my Puma, but my Puma on the Red River could stay with PHX, I could not over take them. My partner needed up and getting into a P3.. Again goes back to Customer Service from Bass Cat is the best in the industry. There Dealers are the best…. The folks at Bass Cat treat BOAT OWNERS like family…. That means a lot to me….

Just curious, you say the PHX was faster than your Puma. I've heard many (maybe most) Puma's barely passing the 80 mark, but I hear most PHX's (721,900's) trying to get to 80. Fishing loaded I usually hear PHX around 75 and BC around 77-78 so I always thought the PHX was about 2-3 mph slower than the Puma/Cougar.

If a PHX is faster than a BCB the boat has something that's errored. Either it's excessively heavy for some reason like even 400 pounds of lead and plastic. It could be a propeller too high which is common and the boat will have steering wheel torque. Or the engine itself is missing something on a cylinder or compression.

The original 2005 Puma also was primarily a 225 engine as the Pro XS in 250 did not come available till 2008 model year we think. That model has a center fuel tank as well and did not perform as strong as those rear tank models. Every pound moved costs something and gains something.

6. Member
    Folks their is a boat model named PHX in the line up now it is about 1-2 slower on average then their counter apart in the line up. Their are light Phoenix boats that have hit the 80-81 mark but most are in the high 70's. Then you load them and they will drop another 2-3 from their like all boat brands. I would think the 920 is the fastest with the 721 right behind it. Theses boats are running 75-77 depending on how loaded they are. I personally know a 920 with a sho with two grown men and tourney loaded that would run 77. I will say this if you have a one of the upper end Cats VS the fastest Phoenix the Cat will win but he better not miss a gear as we use to say. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    well, I did it. Have a Phoenix 920 on order and will be leaving the BCB family and that is the worst part. Love the company and the quality but I really like the layout of the 920.
    Does the 920 have a center rod locker? It doesn't appear so on their web site. I have a Cougar currently and find myself really wanting a center rod locker. I'm tired of shuffling rods to get another out during the heat of battle. Yeah, I know, first world problems.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Does the 920 have a center rod locker? It doesn't appear so on their web site. I have a Cougar currently and find myself really wanting a center rod locker. I'm tired of shuffling rods to get another out during the heat of battle. Yeah, I know, first world problems.
    The 920 does not have a center rod box. The new PHX 20 has a center box that you can put rods in and tackle, the rods go on either side with a holder. You should be able to look online at the PHX20

http://phoenixbassboats.com/20-phx-detail-gallery/

9. Member
    My 920 I had would run 77 with nothing in it and alone full load 2 people 73.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

10. Member
    There are U-Tube videos of 920 and 721 running in the high 70's to low 80's. Their is even a 919 with a 225 that is running 77. My 921 with 250 Sho with two people and fishing gear will run 74-75 depending on weather. I guess just like with BC it all depends on each boat and set up and drivers. I know a guy on Sam Rayburn who runs a 921 with sho that gets almost 77. I cannot get close. The owner of one of the dealers in south Texas has a 250 Mercury hop up and he told me he has seen 83 with that set up. He said the motor is turning out 340 HP and no gear in boat. He said he like speed and just likes to see what he can get out up the 921. Folks the Jag with a 400 is a mid 80's boat. The Jag weights more then the 921 and the 921 is 1" longer. I guess if a 400 Jag can get mid 80's plus then a 921 with a 340 HP is capable of 83. They are both good boats but if everything is the same the BC is a touch faster on stock motors.

11. Member
    My last boat was a bass cat but I decided to go a different route when I purchased a new boat this year mainly due to the customer service of a particular person I tried to interact with at Bass Cat that I was told time and again was the person I needed to talk to you answer my questions but it seemed he was always way too busy and that I was a nuisance, since I was trying to contact him as well as the narrow front deck was driving me crazy too often. I will say the actual part service department though was great. However the one thing I will say I still really miss about my cat is the location of the trolling motor pedal most of the time... Except when I'm fishing off shore in big waves. As other posters had mentioned they find themselves standing in front of the trolling motor pedal much more often than one would imagine once you leave a cat.
    The other thing to note that a poster mentioned towards the very beginning is the trailer on a cat is just easier to load.

12. Member
    here is a link to some pictures of 920 in the 75-77.8 MPH range. The 920 is a fast boat loaded and lots of 75-77 loaded 920.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=855296

13. Member
    I still think from what I have seen posted over the years the big cats are still a tag faster then the 920's or 721's and they are the fastest Birds.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910