Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    So between 70k to 80k dollar range. Loaded.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    The 920 Phoenix with Pro XS 250 starts around 62,000, but time you add all the upgrades we put on our boats it will be in the high 60's. I bet the Lynx will be in that range.

3. Member
    please give us a peek.

4. Member
    Will any of the elites be in a Lynx this coming season?

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    So between 70k to 80k dollar range. Loaded.
    I would say nicely rigged the Lynx will be in the range you mentioned. Probably low to mid 70's.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DelcoSol View Post
    Will any of the elites be in a Lynx this coming season?
    My guess would be no. There are two elite events before the classic.

7. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    One of the main reasons I went with a cat was because of their trailers. KNow someone here with a Phoenix and their trailers are my only complaint. Seems it is always an adventure when we are loading it. I guess they knew this was an issue and have since addressed it and the one I'm referring to he had to install shims or something like that and it is better. Other than that fine boats but hard for me to imagine coming out of a cat and finding better customer service or quality
    Adventure? Yes until I got the shim kit for my 721 trailer it was "damn" difficult to load. Big problem, but a fixed problem with the shim kit. It isn't an issue now, they initially had the issue with channel trailers but that was years ago since mine is a 2012. I don't think anyone can go wrong with a Cat or a Phoenix. The 920 would be #1 on my list, but I'd be looking at the currently unknown Lynx, and the Legend V20 to do my comparison. Bass Cat is always in the mix for my money - I've always loved their business model!

8. Member
    I was debating between a Bird or a Cat, as both seemed to be well made. Ultimately, it came down to price and I was able to find a better deal (leftover) on a Cat than a Bird, and i couldn't be happier.

a few differences I noticed:
    1. Trim--didn't like the Phoenix trim with so much plastic. felt cheap to me
    2. Bilge area--having come from a Skeeter, where the bilge area was so cluttered and impossible to access livewell pumps while on the water, I didn't like the Phoenix set up whereas the BassCat bilge was user friendly if needing to replace a pump while fishing.
    3. Livewell--prefer two separate livewells like Phoenix, but have had no issues with my Cat and cross contamination of a bleeding/dead bass.
    4. Personally, I think the Cat rides better, easier to handle, less chime, handles rough water better. My Eyra compared to my buddies 920
    5. console switches--while the Phoenix switches are old school, similar to my old skeeter, they are easy to bypass if an issue arises. Not so much with the touch pads of the Cat.....although never had a problem.

Phoenix, with their new molds (not the Bumble bee ones) is what 6 years old as a company? Whereas BassCat is really old, and seeing 20 year old Cats, with no cracks, no faded gelcoat and such is really a testament to the quality. Perhaps Phoenix will look just as good at 20 years old...........only time will tell.

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I set out to buy an Eyra and ended up with the Phoenix. I'm a Bass Cat fan, but comparing the Eyra had small livewells, limited storage, an uncomfortable for my 6'4" frame raised square deal under the foot petal, and a higher price tag. The Puma/Cougar was a much better comparison to the 721, but in the end features and lower cost sent me the Phoenix route. I think a Puma runs and rides awesome, so I won't say the 721 is better, but I will say that the 721 will run along at 75 and you can take your hands off the wheel. I'm 5-years into the Phoenix 721 experiment and my gelcoat looks great, the trailer is holding up fine, and I'm happy. When I buy again I'll give BCB a look again and it will be a feature to price comparison again between BCB and Phoenix (maybe some others also).

BTW - I agree that the bilge area on the 721 doesn't allow ease of access to the pumps, but everything else is right at your finger tips. Since I have a 36V TM I'd have to take one battery out to remove the tray over the pumps. If you have a 24V it shouldn't be the case. BL you can't go wrong either way (Puma/Cougar VS 721) I don't think they have a model as wide as the 920 which I assume the Lynx is going to fix.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    One of the main reasons I went with a cat was because of their trailers. KNow someone here with a Phoenix and their trailers are my only complaint. Seems it is always an adventure when we are loading it. I guess they knew this was an issue and have since addressed it and the one I'm referring to he had to install shims or something like that and it is better. Other than that fine boats but hard for me to imagine coming out of a cat and finding better customer service or quality

How old are you? I am 68. "Comfort more important than speed?" :) I want (and get) both from my classic...

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I set out to buy an Eyra and ended up with the Phoenix. I'm a Bass Cat fan, but comparing the Eyra had small livewells, limited storage, an uncomfortable for my 6'4" frame raised square deal under the foot petal, and a higher price tag. The Puma/Cougar was a much better comparison to the 721, but in the end features and lower cost sent me the Phoenix route. I think a Puma runs and rides awesome, so I won't say the 721 is better, but I will say that the 721 will run along at 75 and you can take your hands off the wheel. I'm 5-years into the Phoenix 721 experiment and my gelcoat looks great, the trailer is holding up fine, and I'm happy. When I buy again I'll give BCB a look again and it will be a feature to price comparison again between BCB and Phoenix (maybe some others also).

BTW - I agree that the bilge area on the 721 doesn't allow ease of access to the pumps, but everything else is right at your finger tips. Since I have a 36V TM I'd have to take one battery out to remove the tray over the pumps. If you have a 24V it shouldn't be the case. BL you can't go wrong either way (Puma/Cougar VS 721) I don't think they have a model as wide as the 920 which I assume the Lynx is going to fix.
    BassCat has one of the biggest if not the biggest livewell on the market.

Eyra live wells are not small rudpa. The openings are restricted, though the livewells are massive! They once said thye had more water than anything on the market, though we ourselves don't know details today? People frequently mention 50 gallon wells and there aren't any we knew of that held 50 gallons below the overflows, though these are closer than any we know of. Just think 55 gallon drum when someone says theirs are 50 gallons.

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Must have been how they looked - I know the Eyra wasn't for me. That was my targeted boat on paper until I got to see one in person. I liked the Puma much more. The Phoenix has 2 livewells that are really large, as I've said I'm a fan so no ill intentions meant. I'm sure the bass cat livewells are much larger and the overall layout of the Eyra left me with the wrong impression.
    Last edited by rudapa; 01-09-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Everyone's different, what's a great layout to one person is terrible for another. I really like the layout of my Eyra but they all have their advantages and disadvantages I guess. I figured I'd get use to whichever model I chose. I'm a Bass Cat fan so I knew I was going to buy a Bass Cat, just had to figure out the model. I just like the looks of the Eyra though they all look good including the Phoenix. Personally, I don't get the big deal over the wider decks. I mean we are talking a few inches, not feet. But, the manufacturers have to build what's popular at the moment and I get that. You can't go wrong with a Bass Cat, I'm not familiar enough with a Phoenix to give advice on them. I know I'm very happy I went with the Eyra and love the layout. Good luck on your decision, get what you like the best.
    Last edited by C130; 01-09-2017 at 09:22 PM.

15. Member
    I think either way your getting 2 of the best built boats out there right now.

16. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Everyone's different, what's a great layout to one person is terrible for another. I really like the layout of my Eyra but they all have their advantages and disadvantages I guess.
    Yes, this is why they make more than one model!

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I think either way your getting 2 of the best built boats out there right now.
    Exactly and I'm hoping to get a good look at the new BCB offering at the Midwest Rally this Spring at Bull Shoals.

That's kinda funny because I set out to buy an eyra also. Love the layout of the front deck and the speed is incredible. I really like the location on the tm pedal also. I honestly went to a bird dealer first and walked out with mine. Don't really think you can go wrong.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

18. Member
    I am in 4 local Bass clubs in North East Louisiana. The most popular boats are Basscat and Phoenix. We have Skeeters, Rangers, and a couple of Bullets.
    I can tell you both BCB and Phoenix are the leaders right now in Quality and CS. BassCat is a bit higher in quality, but so is the price. Both offer great fishing platforms.
    Basscat has a larger selection of different type of deck layouts. But Phoenix 921 and 721 offer wider front decks than Basscat 20 footers, except for the Jag.
    Find what suits your fishing style and go for it. You cant go wrong with either brand. I had an Eyra and I can tell you the Live wells are huge. Very deep. Without Cull balls you will be challenged to get your fish. The access is smaller due to the triangle type doors. With the Amount of water all BCB live wells hold, I have never had a fish die in my Live wells.
    There are always comments made during weigh in how active my fish are. They usually wont keep still. Most remarks are "Damn Bass cat Livewells"!

What is the price of a new loaded Phoenix, are they that much cheaper? I was told the Eyra price was lowered for 2017 to even out sales and I can't imagine the Phoenix being much cheaper than what I bought my fully loaded Eyra for. I have about every option available but did save some money on the 15" wheels vs. 18" and Mercury vs. the SHO. Other than that mine is pretty loaded.

20. Member
    Just got my Eyra last fall and after coming out of a ranger I will say it took me a while to get used to. The smaller deck had me convinced I would have to leave some of my tackle at the house. Wrong! Just as much if not more storage in the Eyra as the z20. The Eyra will carry my tackle at a higher rate of speed than the ranger would to. I can say wouldn't go back now that I've been in a BassCat. I have rode in a 920 in some rough stuff on KY lake and have to say it rode nice, but not any better than this Eyra will do. I'm gonna stay with the Cat!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast