2004 115 EFI Hard to start

Earlier this year I had a problem that for the most part was fuel related in that the tank had impurities / water so I got that cleaned and flushed, changed every fuel hose, bulb, and filters including the VST and injectors. Motor runs very smooth once it is started but seems very difficult to start now like as if it is not getting enough air or fuel. If I have been running near wot for a while afterwards it is even harder to start to the point of making me worry it is not going to start but it does eventually. I had a scan done and it said the shift position switch error code but the mechanic said that is a known fictitious code not to pay attention. Does this seem like an adjustment problem? Any suggestions of what to check? OT844894

2. Member
    I should mention this motor would always start instantly prior to this

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Primer bulb pumped firm before EVERY engine start?

TPS properly set per the manual?

What is the FUEL PRESSURE:

-At idle
    -Under Acceleration
    -15/30/60 seconds after engine shutdown?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Primer bulb is pumped up but prior to this I never pumped it or needed to. Fuel checked 40 at idle and 42 when rev'd. TPS not checked

5. Member
    Pressure not checked after shutdown

6. Member
    I will check TPS this evening Thank you for your help and advice