BRAVO XS OR PRO MAX ON 300 XS MERCURY

Need to order a new Prop 28-29" poitch prop for my Mercury 300 Xs optimax rigged on my 2007 Tr-21x. This boat rigs a
    th marine 8" setback. I was running a Hydromotive 4 blades prop running 81-83 mph and 6000 rpm but i destroyed this prop (one of the blades got away because a prior fracture in the middle section blade). WaTER Pressure gauge is showing 11-12 at WOT
    This is a heavy load bass boat torunament rigged and with an aditional Tempest 27" i have several problems for hole shot with just my and my partner. so need a 4 blades to compensate the hole shot.
    I am in doubt of a Bravo xs or a Pro Max in 28-29" pitch. I am happy if i am in the same range of 81-83 mph so my only concern is gettin more hole shot with or without livewells full.
    any advice?
    THANKS

2. Member
    Me experience is the 300XS needs more venting than the 250XS. The Bravo is the best at carrying a load. I can't speak for the Pro Max, but from what I have read, they do well but are tough to get tuned just right for holeshot. My own 300XS I feel like needs a little more venting than the 8 PVS holes. The other thing is the OT props block the exhaust a little, and the 300XS runs significantly warmer than the 250XS. So for me, it's either overhub or thru hub, but not OT hubs. (I'm running 1.62 gears but in a lighter boat) My thoughts are a 28" Bravo for your situation. you might want to post in the Triton board. Lots of experience there.

3. Member
    What are you trying to get hole shot or WOT speed. Hole shot try a Bravo xs or Mark's 4 xl and speed a Pro max

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I just rigged a 300XS on my boat and not real impressed with the Promax but do especially like the 28P bravo that I had built for it. Better hole shot than the promax.

There's another fella on BBC with a Triton and a 300XS and is struggling with hole shot as well. I would stick witha bravo
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    thanks all. i will go for Bravo I xs in 29" pitch prop

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    what pitch was the hydromotive that ran so well?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    what hydromotive 4 blade was you running? also why not run it again

8. Member
    intimidator quad from hydromotive was the first one prop. it runs incredible and 6000 rpm running 81-83 mph. fully loaded except livewell full

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMAREIBOL View Post
    intimidator quad from hydromotive was the first one prop. it runs incredible and 6000 rpm running 81-83 mph. fully loaded except livewell full
    I have a Brand new 28 an 29 Pro XS prop I can save you alot of money on.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tblazer View Post
    I have a Brand new 28 an 29 Pro XS prop I can save you alot of money on.
    What is a "Pro XS prop"?

I assume it means Bravo 1 XS Pro model, Not labbed.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I'm running a 27 Fury with GenII wingmaster at 86.5 GPS. I know my boat is lighter. I'm trying a 29 Bravo older XS with 1" holes on Monday will let you know. I believe a 28 would be fine for you. I could spin a 28 Bravo when I had my 250 Pro XS to 79GPS. I also have a Titus coned TM1 that I will try next.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

13. Member
    I know ur asking about a bravo xs or a promax. With that motor Im assuming ur running a sportsmaster with 1.62 gears. with my 300XS I have found that it likes the over the hub style props. Performer 4 full cut built to that boat will not disappoint u I don't think, I run a performer 4 BC on my sled and it carries a load as well if not better than a 29 bravo xs. In my experience its hard to prop a sporty on a heavy boat. If ur not running no faster than u say u really don't need a sporty, and a TM case will carry the boat a lot better and easier to prop, since it has 1.75 gears usually, but u would find urself running a 30 plus pitch prop. But I encourage u to try and find a buddy whom would let u try an over the hub style, but if thats not an option Id go with a bravo not an XS and have it worked for ur boat, add dual PVS holes.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad.r View Post
    I know ur asking about a bravo xs or a promax. With that motor Im assuming ur running a sportsmaster with 1.62 gears. with my 300XS I have found that it likes the over the hub style props. Performer 4 full cut built to that boat will not disappoint u I don't think, I run a performer 4 BC on my sled and it carries a load as well if not better than a 29 bravo xs. In my experience its hard to prop a sporty on a heavy boat. If ur not running no faster than u say u really don't need a sporty, and a TM case will carry the boat a lot better and easier to prop, since it has 1.75 gears usually, but u would find urself running a 30 plus pitch prop. But I encourage u to try and find a buddy whom would let u try an over the hub style, but if thats not an option Id go with a bravo not an XS and have it worked for ur boat, add dual PVS holes.
    What kind of boar you running Chad.r?
    I had the opposite experience goind from a 250XS to a 300XS on my Stroker (both with 1.62 sporties. ) 250 ran well with both styles, but 300XS runs better with the Bravo XS style props. I think the above cavitation plate exhaust reroutes too much exhaust gas for the over hubs for me. I sold both my Performer IV's and now only run Bravos. Both are great props. On that Triton of his, the Bravo will be much better. I doubt he could holeshot at all with an overhub.

15. Member
    I'm running a 21xdc bullet with a 300xs. 1.62 sporty

16. Member
    Tr-21's do not like coming out of the hole heavy with 1.62 gears I'm guessing that's the issue. We had nightmares setting one up tourney loaded with a 250 with 1.62's on it.

Bump to see if anyone has more to add. I'm running the 300xs with a Tr-21... 1.62 Sporty ... just started playing with props.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

18. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    glockmeister , id look at a 26 razor 4 or a 27 razor 4 xl ( smaller 14 5/8") diameter