livewell cable seized

2003 200 Super Pro.
    Due to some health issues last season was not able to get out on the water., so boat was in storage. Well, feeling better and went out today for bass opener. One livewell lever works fine, the other opened slightly then has basically seized. Any ideas to try? Not sure if cable set up is generic or Procraft specific, so hoping to fix so don't have to find out.

Its the fill/drain lever if that helps.

Update: Did some more internet digging. Looks like it is probably the valve. Also seems like Flowrite may not be a direct replacement. Any suggestions?

UPDATE June 29
    Not the cable, but the valve. I can manually move the lever (very stiff) but am reluctant to disassemble the valve in case I break something. I will probably get marina to go at it at the end of the season to try and fix or find a suitable replacement. Nuisance, but I am no mechanic and have learned that lesson the hard way in the past. LOL
    Thanks
    Pat
    Last edited by pjk1953; 06-29-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: update
    Livin' the good life in the Haliburton Highlands
    Charter member of the new Haliburton Highlands Bass Club
    2003 ProCraft 200 SuperPro DC 200 Merc EFI

2. Member
    I have the same problem. Please let us know what you did to fix it.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

3. Member
    My guess is it’s the valve. If it’s like my 210 it sits under the tank. I had to remove mine to get to it. I since added some hose so it would be behind the tank.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgiljr View Post
    I have the same problem. Please let us know what you did to fix it.
    I had a 1997 procraft 180 myself. From what I can remember mine for whatever reason would do it every now and then but has always straighten itself out. If I may ask did you buy your boat new or used? Only reason I ask is I check this page every now and then just to see if I would happen to find who might have bought my boat after I traded it in. Just curious I guess.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    I had a 1997 procraft 180 myself. From what I can remember mine for whatever reason would do it every now and then but has always straighten itself out. If I may ask did you buy your boat new or used? Only reason I ask is I check this page every now and then just to see if I would happen to find who might have bought my boat after I traded it in. Just curious I guess.
    I bought it about 2 yrs ago from a guy just south of Wilkesbarre. It is white with a 90 hp force motor. everything is in good shape even the carpet is not too bad. I just can't use either livewell because either the cables or the valves are seized. I am still trying to figure out how to get to the valves without tearing half the boat apart.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

6. Member
    It may be possible to take the cable off the valve and see if it is stuck there. Thanks for the reply my boat was a red flake with a beige bottom with a 150 hp mariner. Also a dual console. Great boat. When I traded mine the carpet was still in good condition. I did replace the seats in it. Other than that I didn't do anything to it. I didn't have a garage so it was outside and the sun worked on it a little. Besides no garage I did the best I could to keep it looking good.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s