2006 Ranger Z20 key pad problems

The key pad will start the engine and shut the engine down. nothing else is working except the #1 fuel light and gauge, (which stays on constantly). Nothing else works; horn, bilge, aerators, can't switch to the #2 fuel gauge. Not only does this control panel not work the one at the bow is off line as well. Battery is well charged and all connections appear to be secure. Thanks for any help out there.

2. Member
    Same issue... on a Z20 2005

3. Member
    Did you get the problem resolved? What was causing the problem?

4. Member
    still looking for..... does anyone knows?

5. Member
    Contacted Ranger service rep. He suggested checking the breaker switches which I had already. No problem there. Said I needed the brain and touch pad combo kit. This would fix my problem. Friend has an '07 that had similar problemsand replaced with brain and touch pad kit. Fixed his hope it fixes mine. Rangers computer system is being replaced and has been down for several weeks. I was told to call back in a few days to order my parts.

6. Member
    Ranger has been going through this computer upgrade for Quite some time now, here is a dealer that normally stocks these.
    http://www.frankiesboats.com/

7. Member
    so a buddy has a 2008 ranger comanche that is having this same exact problem. did getting the key pad and brain replaced fix the problem? and can you give me an estimate on the cost.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC and the Ranger forum, Tim. Typically, yes, a new keypad and brain fixes issues like the original poster was having. Your friend should call Ranger Parts (800-724-7273 or 870-453-2222) for a quote on what is needed. If he doesn’t like the quote, he does not have to buy. If a Ranger dealer is close, he could also check with them. When searching for Parts, it’s important to have the model and serial number of the boat at hand. Some parts are interchangeable with different models and years, but many are not, and the year in question might be the exact year that a change was made.

It’s also best, when posting a question on this forum, to create a new thread rather than resurrecting an old one. A more specifically focused thread title, pointing to your particular situation rather than a “close” situation from someone else, often garners more helpful responses. And it’s also possible that the original poster of the thread you have resurrected is no longer participating on this board (years have elapsed), in which case your question kind of falls on deaf ears. Good luck! Hope you get your buddy going soon.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio