Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes there is. It is called a foot pedal. Ever use a cable steer bow mount trolling motor?
    Via pedal operation - true, but using Follow The Contour or in Spot lock mode, that doesn't apply.

This is what Wes is concerned about.
    Last edited by sfw1960; 09-23-2016 at 03:45 PM.

2. Member
    head will not rotate around like a Terrova. It is a cable steer with electric steer assist. The motor goes so far then auto unwinds and a minimum of slack to stow and deploy is needed at the motor and a small amount of slack where the cables are routed down below deck. I have used Ultrex and it is everything a bass fisherman could ever desire.

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I wasn't referring to Terrova.
    It's the shaft rotating below more than 360° that will shear the cable as it is controlled by a servo in manual mode that gets input from a cable input setup.
    In Spot lock or Follow The Contour mode - there is no user intervention - full GPS/Servo control.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    As I understand from some that has tested, the foot pedal moves or feeds as the spot lock or tracking turns the motor. The motor, like a Fortrex will turn 360, heal to toe. When on spot lock, it may turn a little past 360 when auto correcting, but the footpedal back feed stops it. To route the cable up the "flat area" of the shaft will mean taking the motor out of the new bowguard and with out seeing how that is put together, don't know if that would be a good idea. it may simply be a redesigned transmission or it may attach by some means to the shaft. As the pictures all show, the cables come to the bottom of the bowguard, then to the mount arm, with enough slack to allow for turning.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Thanks for the input and clarification, John ~ the voice of reason.

So there is a very good chance with the pedal sensors in the mix the spot lock cannot go past 360° due to the sensor feedback to the control board?
    That would be a very good improvement from the current units!
    I have heard as you have that sometimes the current i-Pilot controls "lose their mind" and do a deadly 360° turn and rip the XDCR cables in two.
    I have had mine glitch before - but I have always been fast enough to push a button to steer in the opposite direction, and I have a "Bigfoot" switch between my 2 batteries in series I use for a disconnect that is located under the hinged door to my W/T's front deck so I can cut it off and reboot it.
    I really DON'T want a foot pedal, but for that I may have to reconsider as I am usually only up at the bow when I have more than 1 rider.

THANK YOU!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

I saw one in person this weekend, couple things to note:
    Shaft has a groove in the side of it to run a recessed transducer wire, why they didn't think of that years ago, Brilliant

Also, the foot control is about an 1" wider then my Maxxum foot control, so keep in mind based on size of your recessed tray area.

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    I saw one in person this weekend, couple things to note:
    Shaft has a groove in the side of it to run a recessed transducer wire, why they didn't think of that years ago, Brilliant

Also, the foot control is about an 1" wider then my Maxxum foot control, so keep in mind based on size of your recessed tray area.
    The Terrovas have had that groove. There are a few videos showing running a transducer cable in that groove through the mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    The Terrovas, as stated have the groove. It was not intended for the transducer cable, however for the belt of the Ulterra. The Humminbird transducer works best since it is smaller diameter. The Lowrance transducer has a bigger cable and will eventually wear the insulation off.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

That video is great... tons of good info, thanks for the link.

-Ryan W.
    Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    Mercury 250R
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112# iPilot Link
    Garmin GPSMap 1243xsv + 1243xsv @ Helm
    Garmin GPSMap 7616xsv + 1243xsv / Dual Livescope+ @ Bow

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    "John, if the foot pedal is the same as a fortrex (being cable steer) will a lowrance spotlight scan transducer position sensor mount up to the underside of the footpedal?
    Any idea of the total weight? My 80# tour digital is 67LB according to a factory tech I spoke to. And did I hear correctly that the bolt pattern is the same as the tour MG motors?
    What is the exact size (footprint) of the pedal? dimensions to determine if it will fit in my (factroy) rececessed TM tray.
    "

John, have you had a chance to look into the above questions?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Member
    My "guys" were out at MinnKota. I'll resend the email. Thanks for the reminder
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    thank you!! lol
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

13. Member
    Any idea if the Ultrex mounting holes will match up with the Motorguide Xi5 holes it will be replacing? Thanks

14. Member
    How about does anyone have any idea if the Ultrex mounting holes will match up with my Minn Kota Maxxum? Thanks.

15. Member
    oops
    Last edited by AllyFishing; 10-02-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

16. Member
    i sure could have used this motor this week at hartwell. catching spots who when brought into the boat act like a kid on adrenalin with speeders and never stop acting crazy on the deck til ya get them unhooked. then it takes another 15 minutes to untangle the mess they made of your drop shot rig and til its all said and done you are now 100 yards away form where ya caught the fish!!
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Spot lock is great, for most people - just not some of the big egotists...lol~!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Anyone know if the Ultrex foot pedal will fit in the stock Z7 foot pedal recess?
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

19. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    Anyone know if the Ultrex foot pedal will fit in the stock Z7 foot pedal recess?
    Doesn't appear to be that much bigger. .maybe taller. Think I remember hearing 9" wide.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    I've seen this questioned asked quite a bit on here. I can't imagine Minn Kota would design a new motor and not have it fit into the many many thousands of recessed pedals out there.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast