Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Moderator
    There you go..
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    John, if the foot pedal is the same as a fortrex (being cable steer) will a lowrance spotlight scan transducer position sensor mount up to the underside of the footpedal?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    John, if the foot pedal is the same as a fortrex (being cable steer) will a lowrance spotlight scan transducer position sensor mount up to the underside of the footpedal?
    Not sure if the underside is the same. I'll do some checking
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    thanks!! Any idea of the total weight? My 80# tour digital is 67LB according to a factory tech I spoke to. And did I hear correctly that the bolt pattern is the same as the tour MG motors?

That would be great if I could mount my spotlight scan to it. This motor is a game changer for a lot of MG users. MG ought to be loosing some sleep over this motor.

With that spot lock there's no need (for me at least) to own a set of power poles.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    another thing I thought of....any word out yet on RF interference with sonar units while on the TM?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    With that spot lock there's no need (for me at least) to own a set of power poles.
    I have TM w/spot-lock and Talons.
    Talons are better of the two, if <10ft of water. More $$$, but better.

But I can agree with you as I use my spot-lock a lot more. . .
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 09-21-2016 at 02:28 PM.

7. Member
    You will not sit in an exact spot with spot lock, your boat will move around some so it is not the same as power poles, guys that bed fish, etc will still want power poles due to trolling motor turbulence and movement.

8. Member
    Oh absolutely, I agree. power poles are pretty much essential if your going to be a tourny fisherman. I don't tourny fish. The spot lock for me sounds super nice when fishing in the wind and ya either tear off and have to dig in the box to retrieve terminal tackle or ya catch a fish and need to grab the pliers or camera and don't want to get blown away from the spot your were just on.

Having marshalled at an elite event on cayuga in 2014 I got to see first hand how the pro's utilize their power poles just for gathering around the dock to weigh in. Amazing.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    What is the exact size (footprint) of the pedal? dimensions to determine if it will fit in my (factroy) rececessed TM tray.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Moderator
    John said 9" wide.but you can measure mine......

11. Member
    well when you get it we will install it on my boat for testing purposes!! I wouldn't want you to have to go thru all the hassle of mounting it and ya don't like it on that thar' Ranger!!! lol
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Banned
    From Minn Kota customer service.

I currently own a Terrova 55lb thrust motor. I am considering an up grade to 80 lb thrust. I have a few questions about the Ultrex.
    I noticed the Ultrex has a clamp on the shaft like Terrova. Is it a manual adjust for height or is it like the Ulterra?
    Is there a channel in the shaft like Terrova? I like that I can run my Transducer cable down the shaft and through the motor housing of Terrova, so the cable doesn't get twisted up. I use a Side Imaging transducer.

Thanks

Mark,

Thank you for contacting Minn Kota Motors. The Ultrex has a self adjusting Depth Collar and is not like the Ulterra. Yes the shaft will have the flat groove it in.

Thank you,

Denise

Considering the Ultrex appears too be more of a combination of a Fortrex and a Terrova with Ipilot. The name is strange. I guess Terrex would have not have marketed well. Lol.
    Anyways I've got 4-5 months to ponder it but I'm leaning towards the Ultrex for sure.
    Last edited by mrc.in.wi; 09-23-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    From Minn Kota customer service.

I currently own a Terrova 55lb thrust motor. I am considering an up grade to 80 lb thrust. I have a few questions about the Ultrex.
    I noticed the Ultrex has a clamp on the shaft like Terrova. Is it a manual adjust for height or is it like the Ulterra?
    Is there a channel in the shaft like Terrova? I like that I can run my Transducer cable down the shaft and through the motor housing of Terrova, so the cable doesn't get twisted up. I use a Side Imaging transducer.

Thanks

Mark,

Thank you for contacting Minn Kota Motors. The Ultrex has a self adjusting Depth Collar and is not like the Ulterra. Yes the shaft will have the flat groove it in.

Thank you,

Denise

Considering the Ultrex appears too be more of a combination of a Fortrex and a Terrova with Ipilot. The name is strange. I guess Terrex would have not have marketed well. Lol.
    Anyways I've got 4-5 months to ponder it but I'm leaning towards the Ultrex for sure.
    With the Ultrex, it makes no difference if it has the groove/flat spot for a transducer cable. The cable can be secured to the shaft just like any other cable steer motor. The motor is not stowed by sliding the shaft through the mount like with a Terrova or Ulterra.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Exactly - you only need to allow at least one and a half full "turns" when the GPS is "hunting" for what direction to turn next.
    I used several dipsey snubbers to tension both my XDCR cables on my PDv2.
    This is not required on the Ultrex and that extra slack that is needed can be easily seen in that pic posted on the rig in front .

15. Member
    So, is there a mechanical stop or software that prevents it from doing a 360?....I wouldn't want it to be a physical stop like the transducer cable...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Exactly - you only need to allow at least one and a half full "turns" when the GPS is "hunting" for what direction to turn next.
    I used several dipsey snubbers to tension both my XDCR cables on my PDv2.
    This is not required on the Ultrex and that extra slack that is needed can be easily seen in that pic posted on the rig in front .

Why not run it down through the motor anyways. Then you never have to worry about snagging the slack in TM cable or damaging the cable.

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Voids the warranty.
    Wes there is no physical stop and it will yank a cable in half.
    I have 2 full turns of slack on mine and have had it go past 360 before.
    It generally goes about 5-10 degrees past zero and reverses rotation.
    If I am spot locked and hear the cables tighten I get on the remote as I have read of others having the control keep turning.
    If you want SI or DI I guess it's the price you gamble to have all the goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    So, is there a mechanical stop or software that prevents it from doing a 360?....I wouldn't want it to be a physical stop like the transducer cable...LOL

Yes there is. It is called a foot pedal. Ever use a cable steer bow mount trolling motor?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes there is. It is called a foot pedal. Ever use a cable steer bow mount trolling motor?

Right...I currently use a Fortrex and that's one way but I'm thinking of being in a automatic mode like anchor or spot lock and having the TM yank my cable in half....LOL It sounds like I need a little more service loop than currently using on the Fortrex.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

20. Moderator
    well when you get it we will install it on my boat for testing purposes!! I wouldn't want you to have to go thru all the hassle of mounting it and ya don't like it on that thar' Ranger!!! lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast