Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Ok but the question is will the new cooler lid with drink holders on the new FX fit the 2015-2016 zx250?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Just talked to them, and they said no it will not fit.

3. Member
    Will the lid fit on a 2015/2016 FX?

4. Member
    Yes it will fit but no you cant order unless it is warranty related.
    Last edited by Hunter1234; 10-07-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Yes it will fit the 15-16 ZX or will it not fit? Looks to be the same size cooler between the seats just a different lid

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Ok, just a little misunderstanding, just talked with Skeeter... YES it does fit. There may be slight installation adjustments, but it WILL fit. Contact your dealer for cost on parts and installation! Thanks guys. Joe

Awesome thanks

If anyone gets a part number for the cooler and the step up to the front deck post it please.

9. Member
    Just got off the phone with a Dealer and the price of the lid is gonna be roughly 210 bucks but Skeeter is refusing to sell it to non 2017 FX Owners. He was at the factory yesterday asking about this. Their black lids are junk and Skeeter ought to be ashamed of taking care of their customers this way. Robert Young at Skeeter needs to hear from all us owners that have had their black lids replaced numerous times. Skeeter if you are listening you need to make this right cause we can find another Brand boat that can make a cooler lid that will last.

10. Member
    That's RIDICULOUS...what does skeeter want us to buy a new boat just for the cooler lid?

11. Member
    I need to order a couple skeeter parts...I have no skeeter dealer near me. Is there a skeeter dealer anyone knows that will work with me?

12. Banned
    Fun N Sun 817-280-0303 talk to Lance.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I need to order a couple skeeter parts...I have no skeeter dealer near me. Is there a skeeter dealer anyone knows that will work with me?
    You can also try Boerne Marine. They will order from factory and have it shipped directly to your home. I already talked with him about the lid.
    ken@boernemarine.com
    (830) 816-2130
    www.boernemarine.com

14. Member
    Thanks guys!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisher View Post
    Just got off the phone with a Dealer and the price of the lid is gonna be roughly 210 bucks but Skeeter is refusing to sell it to non 2017 FX Owners. He was at the factory yesterday asking about this. Their black lids are junk and Skeeter ought to be ashamed of taking care of their customers this way. Robert Young at Skeeter needs to hear from all us owners that have had their black lids replaced numerous times. Skeeter if you are listening you need to make this right cause we can find another Brand boat that can make a cooler lid that will last.
    I don't think Skeeter would have a problem replacing your existing lid if it were faulty. You have to take into consideration that Skeeter is a business. New product incorporated into new model boats is designed to help the new models sell. If the retail consumer could annually upgrade features on there non current boat retail demand for new boats would take a huge hit. Also, we do not know that the vendor who makes the seat/lid for the new FX would be able to keep up with new production plus all warranty replacements nor do we know that Skeeter has the capacity to inventory those extra products.

Well that blows...i wanted the step up to the front deck and the new cooler lid.

17. Member
    You can get the step but not the lid.

Not a fan of Robert young

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    I don't think Skeeter would have a problem replacing your existing lid if it were faulty. You have to take into consideration that Skeeter is a business. New product incorporated into new model boats is designed to help the new models sell. If the retail consumer could annually upgrade features on there non current boat retail demand for new boats would take a huge hit. Also, we do not know that the vendor who makes the seat/lid for the new FX would be able to keep up with new production plus all warranty replacements nor do we know that Skeeter has the capacity to inventory those extra products.
    Now if they could Engineer a Cooler Lid like no Other they wouldn't be having this problem would they. Their Black Lids are junk and I personally know of over a hundred that have been replaced under warranty at one dealer. Here's a novel idea Skeeter ought to admit they are inferior and Fix It!!! People spend Tens of Thousands on a new boat so their cooler lids can break every 3-6 months. Sounds like a Quality Issue to me!! I'd gladly spend 210 dollars of my own money to ReEngineer my Skeeter so I could have a lid that hopefully wouldn't break. Skeeter knows there is an issue and an UpStanding Company should/would address it. The materials in their boats get cheaper all the time but yet the price keeps going up. One would think a boat manufacturer would even think of using materials that don't change color (like their flimsy little glove box lids or material used in their dashes when they get wet) Granted the waterspots go away after drying for about an hour but come on it's a boat. Their nonskid pads were finely upgraded cause they were junk too!!!

Skeeter Engineered Like No Other!
    Last edited by Jisher; 10-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    Agree if we could upgrade the ZX to nearly match the FX then the FX would barely sell. And that cooler lid is probably made from the "same cheap plastic". Besides that is it really worth $210? Don't forget to add in the loss on the previous cooler lid and seat cushion that has already been purchased.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast