Webster Lake shoals

Be careful of Shoals,
    guess im the only one and navionics not knowing this lake.
    have paper printout maps,didn't have police version.
    Brand new G2 raker prop junk ,
    main lake 150 yds off island.
    pre fishing for tourney .
    these piles or shoal areas should be marked.
    Hate these type of lakes.
    Mark this Shi$.

2. Member
    Water being so low this year you have to be careful on webster. On the back side of the big island I presume where u had problems. It's hard to go between the islands u have to be careful.
    I agree, I spend tons of time on webster and know where to go and not there needs to be more markers on lake.
    If you need some help on where to go pm and I can give you some insite on lake if your fishing a tournament. I know the feeling of new lake.

3. Member
    Thank You.
    WTF
    Just purchased boat from Thayers 2 weeks ago.
    2017 z519 with Evinrude G2.
    hit this shoal that's not marked.
    ruined Prop and took 1/2" of off skeg.
    boat goes back tomorrow for shaft inspection
    caught 2 perch and pickrel .
    No Bass.
    Thank God for insurance.
    I printed the police map from google that seems to mark shoals.
    Navionics didn't help.
    this was Saturday and there was a tournament that I seen boats fishing deeper,
    i tried shell beds,channels and grass on graph.
    Nothing.
    Thanks agin for any help.
    Jim

4. Member
    Lol.
    thought this was PM
    oh well.
    Feel the pain

There is a decent rock pile while heading back towards the marina..It showed up on my chip but was pretty much forced into grazing it by 2 pontoons that decided to criss cross right in front of me in June Have almost hit in a few areas on a lot of lakes this year that were never an issue before..Have to be a little more cautious with the low water this year

Found that shoal at a BBC tourney MANY years ago. Was a bit deaper then but to be on plane flying across the lake and look over the side to see bottom..... Have not been there since. My club has a Tourney there this coming Sunday but no thank you.. Drive to Webster to scratch out a few rats, or go to Wequaket and have a chance at a 20 lb plus bag.. Hmmmm. no..

7. Member
    I go ice fishing there a couple times a year.... If I went fishing in the summer I'm sure I'd hit something!
    Polish Power

8. Member
    is this a Haiku? Certainly some sketchy areas, there were a few times when I first started fishing Webster I had some close calls.

9. Member
    Update.
    new lower end needed.
    G2 has less then an hour.
    for a lake with this much traffic these shoals should be marked.
    150 yds off of island .
    I had an entire family on pontoon going 30+ just before I hit with a 3 year old being held
    on front pedestal seat by the parent.
    What if they hit this.

10. Member
    Yea if coming from memorial launch and going into middle, the big island in middle has one off the back side where tree is laid down towards Indian ranch cove , and to the right side of island , then to the right of the island that island with the persons house has a nice one coming off there aswell and all in front of there house , gets sketchy at times for sure but some good fishing if you can figure it out , I love spawn time smallie fishing lol
    2019 RANGER 198P DUAL CONSOLE

The Gun Parlor

11. Member
    Like any place, you need to learn the lake. Once you know where they are, you can fly around and cover some water. Facing Point Pleasant from Goat Island, there is a rock point from strip island heading towards goat island. It is now marked with a giant float. There is also a lonnnnng finger/rock point that extends halfway across the middle lake from Long Island towards Union point. As mentioned above, north side of goat island also extends rock toward reid smith cove. There is also a rock flat at the mouth of the cove heading into the bay where the memorial beach ramp is. Coming from the ramp it will be on your right side.

12. Member
    sounds like all the lakes I fish!