Does anybody have a Ranger 619 or 620?

I have been looking at the 1880MS and these two models above. I am not interested in buying one with a kicker, FYSA. I was wondering at what depth you are drafting at in your boat. I would be buying a bass boat, but I have a young family, and need the flexibility of one of these hulls. I have been told they draft in as little as 18 inches. Can anyone confirm this?

What length of rods are you able to strap on top of your deck from the nose of the boat to the driver's and passenger's console?

Also, if there is anyone in the northern, Va area that has one I could look at?

Thanks fellas.

2. Banned
    Check out walleyecentral. Lots of multispecies guys over there

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Check out walleyecentral. Lots of multispecies guys over there
    Thanks. I have been looking there, just haven't posted in that forum yet. I suppose I will have too if I do not get a response soon. I am posting in here primarily because I love bass fishing, as do most of the members here. I was hoping to get some bass fishing insights, strengths and weaknesses of this model through the lens of a bass fisherman.

4. Member
    I run a 620 on Lake of the Woods and an 1880 on Lake Havasu. Both will go through 18" of water at a slow speed. The 620 deck will allow you to stow your 7" 3" rods flat, but the 1880 will only allow flat storage of rods less than 6'6".
    The 620 is a much better hull for both fishing and running. I don't care for the 1880, but the significant cost difference makes it a viable choice. Both boat will serve one well as a family boat as well as a fishing boat.
    Email if you have questions...southshore2776@wiktel.com
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Southshore View Post
    I run a 620 on Lake of the Woods and an 1880 on Lake Havasu. Both will go through 18" of water at a slow speed. The 620 deck will allow you to stow your 7" 3" rods flat, but the 1880 will only allow flat storage of rods less than 6'6".
    The 620 is a much better hull for both fishing and running. I don't care for the 1880, but the significant cost difference makes it a viable choice. Both boat will serve one well as a family boat as well as a fishing boat.
    Email if you have questions...southshore2776@wiktel.com
    Ray
    Very helpful. Thanks Ray!

I now own a Ranger 620 DVS after 5 or so bas boats. I can go into almost as shallow water with the Ranger as I could with the bass boat. Fished Champlain and a few other BIG lakes and am glad I am in the 620 now. Much better ride and much dryer when the waves kick up. It is equipped with a Yamaha 225 and a Yamaha 9.9 kicker.

Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

I run a 2050 Reata...it's been a great family boat and fishes okay. But now I'd rather have a great fishing boat and an okay family boat. With that said, my next boat will be a 620.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

8. Member
    On my second season on Champlain with my 2016 621 300 vrod/9.9 kicker. Absolutely love my boat. Not as fast as my previous bass boats but MOST of the time I don't mind! A fishing machine all types all water in comfort. Excellent dry ride for a 21 foot boat. Like a swiss army knife boat practical easy to live with well thought out, No I don't work for Ranger lol....
    My last 2 boats for example a 21 bullet/300xs and an Allison 21/300xs.
    09 Bullet 21XRD / 300XS

I went from a old 396v ranger bass boat to a 620vs. The 620 is a great boat and I have been able to shallow launch it with great success where the 396 woul take some work. I strictly fish walleye so not much help on the bass fishing but you should be able to make it work.
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

Thanks a lot all. I have been out of the country and am just getting back. Your input is much appreciated.

11. Member
    I have a new 1880MS and I love it! I do a little bass and walleye fishing, a lot of musky fishing and even have been trolling for salmon on Lake Michigan. It also make's a great family cruiser and pulls skiers and tubers. So, for me, it really does it all. As others have mentioned, its a nice, smooth dry ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -1limb View Post
    I have been looking at the 1880MS and these two models above. I am not interested in buying one with a kicker, FYSA. I was wondering at what depth you are drafting at in your boat. I would be buying a bass boat, but I have a young family, and need the flexibility of one of these hulls. I have been told they draft in as little as 18 inches. Can anyone confirm this?

What length of rods are you able to strap on top of your deck from the nose of the boat to the driver's and passenger's console?

Also, if there is anyone in the northern, Va area that has one I could look at?

Thanks fellas.
    I have a 2018 620fs with a 250 G2. Great fishing platform and family boat does both very well. Seats 6 comfortably for tubing days and have fished with 5 guys onboard and it accommodates that well. Gets into shallow water easily, boat will certainly draft in 18inches of water with motor trimmed up. Great big water boat that can ride smoothly over 2-3’ uniform waves once on plane at 40+ mph depending on how uniform the waves are. Any bigger than that and ride is rough but the boat can handle it. I fish Lake George and Champlain quite a bit. I’ve been in up to 6-7 footers (Not by choice ��) on Champlain, and the boat handles it no problem albeit not nearly as comfortably as a true deep hull boat but that’s the price you pay for good shallow water capability.

13. Member
    Don't overlook the Triton models either. Just got my 206 AllureIMG_20190702_181641.jpg last Tuesday and am very impressed. Priced lower than the Rangers as well.

14. Member
    I have a 2015 Ranger Angler 1880 VS and I love it. Great fishing platform and like DKRUM said it is very versatile for family fun use as well. I looked at the 619 and 620's and I really wanted one of those but I didn't want to sell a kidney to get one and the bank would not finance anything older that 2008. I got a great deal on my Angler (under 35k) and it only had 42 hours on the motor.

IMG_0349.jpg
    boat.jpg
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

15. Member
    Don't over look the skeeter wx models. The no side boxes to lean over is the deal IMOP

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Don't over look the skeeter wx models. The no side boxes to lean over is the deal IMOP
    Yep I agree those are great boats as well and the no side boxes are what drew me to the Angler. I just wish I had a 2017 Angler with the jump seats in the back so I can remove the back two pedestal seats for even more room.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJCodner View Post
    Yep I agree those are great boats as well and the no side boxes are what drew me to the Angler. I just wish I had a 2017 Angler with the jump seats in the back so I can remove the back two pedestal seats for even more room.
    I've done just that with my Allure. Makes a world of difference in the amount of space available. For what I do, I don't think I'd ever want the side boxes.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna