Lowrance totalscan transducer / Tracker 175 txw mounting location

Can someone give me the proper mounting location for the totalscan transducer on a Tracker 175 TXW.
    I've scoured online sites and can find a good example of where the best mounting location is for this boat. The stepped transom throws me for a loop as to where I should mount it. Thank you, Ken

2. Member
    I mounted mine on my tracker (not a 175) on the opposite side than the factory transducer was installed. I put it on the starboard side instead of the factory port location. I have it tucked under the transom as far as I could get it.

3. Member
    Any chance of you providing a snapshot of your installation? How is it functioning for you with your chosen location? Thanks Transom.

4. Member
    PM sent about sending a photo.

Also I missed that this was a totalscan and not an LSS2. I have an LSS2 and I have it tucked under the stepback a little but you could easily lower it an inch or so and get it in the proper position but I imagine getting it just right with a totalscan will be a little tricky as if you have it too far up it will not work at speed and if you have it too low you will be dragging it and throwing a roost.

5. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2014 Bass Tracker 175TF w/ 75 Mercury

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Rigs-...11968965774371
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7...7y0GgICAVeTZww

6. Member
    Keneds, I mounted mine just to the left of where the speed sensor is on the bottom of the video that TRNJ posted. The area where it is installed in that videdo would be great for the sidescan transducer but may give problems when running on plane. Then again it may be OK as it looks like the hull in front of it MAY be flat?

7. Member
    Hi Transom, could you please share some pictures of your installation? Thanks!

8. Member
    Hi Stephen, does it keep bottom well? It looks to me your installation is too high.