Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sorry gaboy its taken so long to reply been wrapped up with work. Yes the pad is flat and it does drop below the horizontal plain. Yes its leveled out. I got the p.m.

2. Member
    I hear ya, a lot going on here too. if you don't do anything else, get a 2 foot straight edge, a triangular architect ruler or anything that is ridgid and fairly true will serve the purpose for now. use one edge of ruler place it against the pad in the direction of travel and place a small flashlight on the other side. move it across the pad an observe the imperfections of the pad by the light showing under it. the low spots may be around a 32nd of an in.+ or -. so the objective is to take the high spots down to the low which will ultimately be the blue printed hull. this will give you an idea of the work at hand. you can mark the low spots where the light is emitted with a black marker. its not a hard job and this can help you decide if it is something you might want to pursue.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I would love to get with a couple of you guys one weekend. I am in Savannah so not to far from a few of you. I have the same boat with 200 EFI and 54-58 is it for me. I know I don't have a speed demon with this boat but man it would be nice to see 62-63.

4. Member
    I have been trying to share these mods with people for years. I will be glad to work with you on it. pm sent.

5. Member
    Maybe one weekend all of us ha boys need to meet at a centralized lake.

6. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Is Lake Sinclair centralized enough for everyone?? I will happily book a weekend there to hang out, fish and try different setups with those of you that know better than me.

GA Boy. Thanks. Got the PM. Will try to give you a call Weds afternoon if that works with you.

7. Member
    fast time of the year, I was thinking after the new year if that is how it will happen. wed. will work.

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    End of January Lake Sinclair BBC meet and greet?

9. Member
    Wrong prop, low on rpm's .....need a good 24p or 25 p Tempest plus and a 6 inch plate for your boat and motor . Needs to be around 5800 rpms ....3.25 -3.50 below pad

10. Member
    Ok I put a water pump in and found my poppet valve was the cause of my low water pressure now it is 22-25 psi at wot . I was able to get my hands on a 26p tempest plus and ran it on the boat and it slowed down to 56 but I know some of hat is due to increase in temp I have also balanced the boat and checked the hull to be level. engine is tuning 5300- 5400 and redline is 5600 on my engine. I talked t a local with a 99 astro 2050 with a 200 efi 6in plate and a 24 trophy and he is getting high 60s out of it. I was wondering if I have to much setback with the 12 in jack plate or do I need to go higher due to the amount of set back. Thank

11. Member
    Well that's a lot of plate for that boat. May wanna drop down to a 6 and go with a different prop.

12. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    If you can raise the motor and get that 200 to spin a 26 (and still get you out of the hole) you'll pick up some top speed, but as gcross said, that's a lot of setback and a lot of prop for that hull/motor..

13. Member
    My 200 spins it fine and it gets out the hole good its a little lazy when full but its not bad.

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    It may not seem like much, but if your linkage is truly fully engaged at WOT and you're only turned 53-5400 rpms, it's putting a lot of stress on your motor.

15. Member
    I have checked all of that and its hitting the stops likes its supposed too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12