having issues with setting up my rv, in my MIL driveway

please help I'm setting up my travel trailer in my mother in laws driveway for her to live in while her flood damaged. and gutted out house can be repaired.my rv is 30amp so I changed out her dryer receptacle with a rv receptacle and I got power to my fridge ,microwave and lights but when ac came on it ran for 10 min .and throws the breaker in the camper every time. the old dryer receptacle was under water for 3 days.but it has been 2.5 weeks now and when I changed the receptacle there was no moisture and my camper was working perfectly before

2. Banned
    You probably need to get a good electrician to install the receptacle. It's nothing to fool around with. It should be a small job for a qualified worker.

You can also hook it up to a 20 amp circuit with an adapter--if you're just running lights and fridge. Running an a/c unit, lights and a microwave will take 30 amps and full wiring, however.

Unless something is out of sorts on the house side of things, the dryer receptacle should be 220v. While your 30 amp travel trailer is 110 volt. Although you may have changed out the plug, you most likely still have two legs of 110 volts on the breaker for the dryer.

4. Member
    OK,that makes sense,thanks for the help