1999 Evinrude ficht no spark to port side #2

First of all thanks to everyone . I have had this motor since 2000 and its been great. Very few problem until now. Early spring I replaced the oil lift pump and the engine has been running strong . Yesterday took the boat out and would only run up to 4200 rpm. The engine sounds fine. When I had the boat on the trailer . I could rev the engine in neutral all the way up to 5500 rpm.
    I pulled all spark plugs and number 2 was wet , all the others looked fine. While running the engine, I pull the plug on #2 and no change in rpm. Did the same on the other spark plugs and the rpm would drop. Replaced #2 spark plug, no change.
    How do I confirm if I have a bad coil or bad spark plug wire?

E200FPLEEN
    500 hours

Thanks
    Chuck

easy way is swap em out ? plug wire 1st since the easiest, then swap a coil .

It is also possible that the fuel injector for that cylinder is inoperative.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Thanks for the reply. I will swap out the spark plug wire to confirm condition . The problem with the coil is they are buried behind the injectors. I am trying to determine the condition of the coil before I remove an injector to get to the coil . Is there a way?

As far as the injector , If the spark plug is wet. Doesn't that mean the injector is working. I have no technical background . Everything I do to keep the motor running is by process of elimination. Please walk me through the understanding on how the injector could be failing.

Thanks

You can check the coil resistance. Ignition coil primary resistance, connect ohmmeter between coil primary and clean engine ground, 0.05 - 0.15 ohms. Ignition coil secondary resistance, connect ohmmeter between coil secondary terminal and coil primary, 225 - 325 ohms.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

6. Member

I’m having the issue...

I did you happen to find a solution to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck b View Post
    First of all thanks to everyone . I have had this motor since 2000 and its been great. Very few problem until now. Early spring I replaced the oil lift pump and the engine has been running strong . Yesterday took the boat out and would only run up to 4200 rpm. The engine sounds fine. When I had the boat on the trailer . I could rev the engine in neutral all the way up to 5500 rpm.
    I pulled all spark plugs and number 2 was wet , all the others looked fine. While running the engine, I pull the plug on #2 and no change in rpm. Did the same on the other spark plugs and the rpm would drop. Replaced #2 spark plug, no change.
    How do I confirm if I have a bad coil or bad spark plug wire?

E200FPLEEN
    500 hours

Thanks
    Chuck

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Probably not as the post is over 5 years old and he never responded back.

8. Member
    Ethan9
    If you need spare parts for your 200HP ficht, I have a 2000 FICHT 200 HP for parts, listed on the motors page for $500.

Thanks,
    Dave

9. Member
    If you need spare parts for your 200HP ficht, I have a 2000 FICHT 200 HP for parts, listed on the motors page for $500.