Put it out there...TPMS

Just want to pass on some, what I feel, is some great info on a product. YMMV

Had an issue with a tire delaminating on the road, caught it in time before the blowout, thank God. And after reading a lot of the same stories and concerns I decided to look into a TPMS system for the trailer. Especially on Rangers you can't see the starboard tire as the spare blocks it. My tire issue thankfully happened on the port side so I could see it.

There is a lot of different manufacturers out there,,,but I settled on Dill, specs are great with a 45' LOS and internal sensors which work better than external.

Anyway, got the system and installed everything in my new 857's, (have my own tire machine, just need to break bead to install sensors btw).

Mounted the small receiver next to my rear view mirror with just the unit antenna and is not obtrusive in any way. It really is small but effective. The unit picked up the sensors right away and gave me the psi and temperature of each tire. Excellent, I now know every tire psi and temp given on the display every five seconds for each tire.

Disclaimer...I, nor anyone know works for the co, nor receive any comp for this.........

http://dillaircontrols.com/dill/cate.../trailer-tpms/

And where I purchased

http://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail....market+Systems

BTW,,,you don't need the wired in antenna,,, works fine with the normal shorty
    comes with everything needed,,,mount, power supply etc....things others charge extra for.
    Last edited by blkfalc4; 09-08-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

2. Member
    take a look at the Truck Systems Technology set up also - I have been using them for 2.5 yrs, no issues and made several long hauls to CA, NV and southern UT with no problems. external sensor screws onto valve stem and display plugs into cigarette lighter, no antennas to install.

https://tsttruck.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    take a look at the Truck Systems Technology set up also - I have been using them for 2.5 yrs, no issues and made several long hauls to CA, NV and southern UT with no problems. external sensor screws onto valve stem and display plugs into cigarette lighter, no antennas to install.

I have this system. Works great and the sending units are waterproof. I did change my valve stems from rubber to steel tho
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Member
    Yes, with all the 'imported' tire issues that pop up everywhere here, it makes for great piece of mind on the road.
    Mike

I have been using the system for 10 years now, even moved the system to a second boat trailer. I have one of the first proto types made by tirerack and manufactured by Dill. Yes I have family involved with both.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

6. Member
    Thanks for posting. This is great information.

Eric
    A great fisherman lives here with the catch of his life!

7. Banned
    On a single axle trailer can you monitor both tires at the same time? Or do you have to switch back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    On a single axle trailer can you monitor both tires at the same time? Or do you have to switch back and forth.
    I have a tandem and it monitors them all and rotates on the screen every 5-10 seconds. Will show pressure and temp.

2021 Phoenix 21PHX

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    The Dill I purchased, cycles thru every tire every 5 secs. giving each tire's psi and temperature.
    Mike

10. Member
    An FYI,,,I purchased the 4 wheel system (which can expand even more) so in the future if I went to a dual axle I'd have the sensors/setup for it. Only use the 2 for now and works great.
    The difference between a locked 2 wheel and expandable 4 wheel was only 50 bucks and is a big reason for the purchase of the 4.

The increased piece of mind is priceless.

PS--had to edit the link as Tire Rack must have changed the pages. When I rechecked it showed the 6 wheel setup for more cash.
    Mike

11. Member
    Resurrecting old thread...

For those using this system, are you able to attain a good signal from the sensors using just the antenna on the head unit, or did you have to run the external antenna?

I want to get a Jack Plate, but think this will come first.

Also any idea what size valve stems are on a 2013 Ranger with the 14" tires?

From the website

"This system's sensors fit in most passenger, light truck and trailer wheels that require 0.453" diameter valve stems. Please call if your wheel requires 0.625" or 9.7 mm valve sensors."
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

12. Member
    I chose the Truck Systems Technology system but I heard the Dill system is great as well. I run a single axel trailer and I will tell you based on experience if you have a a sudden internal tire failure you will get an alarm. But you don't need the monitoring system to tell you that. If you hit something and experience a pressure loss or have a slow leak that allows your tire to fall below safe pressure thats when they will help. My last fender destroying blowout came with no warning from the TPMS when I was going down the interstate. At the time of the blowout the monitoring system was showing my tire was running at 52 PSI and 76 degrees. Best thing you can do is get rid of the Chinese tires.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfm56doc View Post
    Resurrecting old thread...

For those using this system, are you able to attain a good signal from the sensors using just the antenna on the head unit, or did you have to run the external antenna?

I want to get a Jack Plate, but think this will come first.

Also any idea what size valve stems are on a 2013 Ranger with the 14" tires?

From the website

"This system's sensors fit in most passenger, light truck and trailer wheels that require 0.453" diameter valve stems. Please call if your wheel requires 0.625" or 9.7 mm valve sensors."
    Unit antenna works fine in my Tahoe, never lost connection.
    Valve hole is the standard .453"
    Mike

14. Member
    Thank you Mike. Planning on this being my next purchase along with replacing the trailer tires.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S