Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    So you can create and follow a track with or without link but the link allows the interface between the TM and FF?
    You can create and follow i-Tracks on either variant, but you have to have the LINK to "Follow The Contour" Wes...
    Having the ability to visually see which WP you can "Go To" is about as neat as it gets too, I'll get rigged up, grab a bite or take pics of cool stuff like Eagles hanging out or other outdoor gems while the TM pulls us to the next spot also.

Phil is correct on saving a few coins buy getting yours pre-installed, unless you get a screamin' deal on end of season clearance or a refurb.
    Quite some time ago I got my "vanilla" PD65v2 60" for under $400 TYD and a lot of guys would like a LINK for under 1k before taxes. (I added each one over time)
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

2. Member
    Thanks Robert for clarifying. I'm certain I would want the link up front with the added benefits. I've got the Fortrex now and thinking of upgrading but wanting to get all the t's crossed...LOL Have to hope that Santa is nice this year...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    As long as you're not constantly weaving thru lumber like Wayne always seems to to - it takes SOOOOOOO much work out of boat control, so you can focus on the fish - not bumping stuff....unless or course, you're into crunching stuff!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Boat buggy - what lakes are you fishing and how are you fishing them?

Would you create tracks along weedlines? I can see that being useful. Also useful to have the additional storage of spotlock points.
    I can pretty much choose the types of waters I want to fish on any given day and there are several waters were I can be flipping shallow and weedy for largemouth and then take a 5 min ride over to deep and clear water and dredge up some smallmouth. I already have lots of tracks that follow weedlines and contours. Ultrex with i-Pilot Link will pretty much mean I don't have to stand on the pedal anymore when I want to bomb the flats behind the weedlines or contours. I've been in a couple of boats that have i-Pilot Link and SpotLock is perfect especially in the late fall when the wind is blowing and the big smallies are deep and stacked up. The 12' Talons don't work very well over 40 ft of water.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Yep .... either of the products will save you a LOT of pedal time.

My brother was amazed the first time we fished in my boat. I just set the Terrova course and speed to run down a bank..... use spot lock when catching something or snagging .... saves a lot of work.
    His old cable steer had died and he bought a used PD without I-pilot.... he was pretty down on electric steer til he saw how easy the I-pilot made it.....I factored the cost of it into the price of the boat when I bought it and hardly noticed the difference ..... at that time, the Link wasn't yet available...darn.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    I thought only for a brief moment... a very brief moment about trading boats for updated electronics and a new TM....LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I thought only for a brief moment... a very brief moment about trading boats for updated electronics and a new TM....LOL
    Wife factor came into play Wes???

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

9. Member
    I'm not sure if it was the wife factor first or the pucker factor from the sticker prices... There's always priorities....LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You got me there...

Sticker on almost anything new now a days is dang near CRIMINAL, for what you get.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

11. Carbon X Rods
    Can i add link to my 2018 ultrex that only has i pilot? I cant find anything that says the ultrex can be converted.

Quote Originally Posted by gmowry View Post
    Can i add link to my 2018 ultrex that only has i pilot? I cant find anything that says the ultrex can be converted.
    Ask that on the Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motor forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12