Water Intake Problem on 250 Yamaha SHO

I have a 2012 250 Yamaha SHO and I've had an intermittent problem with my water pump sucking in air and causing overheats. I've done routine maintenance and spent three days of tournament practice a month ago at the service trailer getting two new impellers, adjusting jack plate, etc. Despite this, my problem persists. I've noticed it mostly happens when running rougher water, but not limited to. I fished a tournament last week where in practice was running through 2-6 foot waves with no problems. During the tournament we had light winds early on with no more than foot and a half waves. My overheat alarm went off soon after take off and the problem persisted throughout the day, despite going slower and doing everything I could to not allow the motor to breach the surface. Does anyone know how to correct this persistent problem once and for all?
    Last edited by GreatLakesBronze89; 08-31-2016 at 07:51 PM.

2. Banned
    DO YOU HAVE A SKEETER BASS BOAT?

Today, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by awdooy
    Mine is a Skeeter and i know at least one other guy on this thread has a Skeeter

What bolt hole is your engine in? I would bet it's the third from top. If it is we have fixed a couple of them by dropping it 1 bolt hole and have seen performance gains by doing this also.

Hydraulic jackplate .