Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had the dealer install a hotfoot on my 198. They talked to Ranger and the dealer can install them. The sloped panel is removed under the console, held on by screws and that gives the space needed for the install. When my boat came in I went to the dealer to go over the rigging of options I wanted. I sat in the drivers seat to measure and make the location of the hotfoot fit me. It is tight and we angled the placement of the pedal to get my leg off the wheel. 6 foot 1 inch fat boy here lol. I did not get the tilt wheel option. We moved it around quite a bit and I am satisfied where it is, did not like a straight angle at all and gained a little room and comfort by moving it. Works good and the console area is small and with the front step even more so, like the step tho...

2. Member
    Got the Ok from Ranger to install custom built hot foot recess.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnyboy View Post
    I had the dealer install a hotfoot on my 198. They talked to Ranger and the dealer can install them. The sloped panel is removed under the console, held on by screws and that gives the space needed for the install. When my boat came in I went to the dealer to go over the rigging of options I wanted. I sat in the drivers seat to measure and make the location of the hotfoot fit me. It is tight and we angled the placement of the pedal to get my leg off the wheel. 6 foot 1 inch fat boy here lol. I did not get the tilt wheel option. We moved it around quite a bit and I am satisfied where it is, did not like a straight angle at all and gained a little room and comfort by moving it. Works good and the console area is small and with the front step even more so, like the step tho...
    can you attach pictures or email them to me?

I asked Ranger to leave the foot rest off and just ship them with the boat. The dealer installed the Hotfoot and I decided to cut the right side foot rest in half and install. I did not install the left side foot rest. I think it takes up too much floor space.

This is a link to the images: https://goo.gl/photos/vaWkKVjSURx6Tuw2A

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyal View Post
    I asked Ranger to leave the foot rest off and just ship them with the boat. The dealer installed the Hotfoot and I decided to cut the right side foot rest in half and install. I did not install the left side foot rest. I think it takes up too much floor space.

This is a link to the images: https://goo.gl/photos/vaWkKVjSURx6Tuw2A
    Wow awesome setup man, hope everyone takes time to check out the link to your boat!!!

Shelbyal,

What is the button on your footrest?

I installed the Rigid head light on the trolling motor kick pad. I use the momentary TM switch mounted on the footrest to turn it on.

8. Member
    Shelbyal, very slick ride!

Thanks! It fishes well

Wow, beautiful boat. What is your top speed that you can sustain no problem?

Thanks Blurrnaway!

GPS speed with two people, tackle and half a tank of gas is around 57 or 57.5 and with just me, tackle and half a tank of gas 59.5 or 60.

12. Member
    All you have to do is remove the 4 screws holding the aluminum plate. You can go without it completely or you can easily modify it by using any type of reciprocating saw or compound miter saw that's what I used. With a blade that will cut non-ferrous metals. I peeled back the carpet enough and trimmed it to where I can fold over the cut that I made. I also made sure that I did not go left of the middle existing screw holes when making the cut. I then used spray on heavy duty carpet adhesive evenly on both the aluminum plate and the carpet backing and trimmed the carpet in the same pattern that Ranger trimmed the carpet for the folds. I took two pieces of wood and place them on the front and back and I set it in a vise for a few hours to make sure that the glue was pressed in well. I reinstalled the left half of it and now I have plenty of room for a hotfoot as well as a place to rest my foot when running. 20190609_131645.jpg
    2018 Ranger RT198P
    2019 Yamaha 150 SHO

2000 Contender 35 Express (TUNADDICTION)
    Twin 2013 300 Suzuki 4 Strokes

2006 Actioncraft 18
    2019 Yamaha 115 SHO

www.1197fishingadventures.com

If you get a g2 you can mount the foot throttle to the back wall. With that setup you can use foot or hand throttle

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12