Triton 215x with 250 optimax XS setup

Anyone here running this rig?
    I've got a 2007 215 with a 07' Optimax XS 250. Looking at adding a 6" jackplate to it, and getting a new prop.
    currently running without a jackplate and using a 24 Tempest plus. Hitting 59-60mph at 5600rpm
    Was thinking of trying out a 24p Bravo I xs. Looking for some opinions

2. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Nice rig

NIce rig! I'm running a multi-species as well. I have the 250 Pro XS on mine, so we're similar in HP. I'm getting 63.9 gps out of mine in the late fall. i.e. cold temps. I also have a 8 inch Atlas jackplate on mine too. For a prop I'm running the Bravo 1 FS...and it's a great prop. You're definitely on the right track with your set-up. I'd try the Bravo before the jackplate, but to get that last 1-2 mph hour you'll probably want the jackplate on there.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Holy Batboat! That's a beautiful rig!

6. Member
    Old post but I just found it and thought I would add my thoughts as I’ve been running this same rig (2007 Triton 215X) for years, with a 250 ProXS. I’ve experimented extensively with his rig, and I’ve tried over a dozen different props and I’ve run it with and without a jackplate at countless motor heights.

This is a bow light/stern heavy rig and you will battle top end vs. rough water handling. Rough water handling improves without a jackplate and with a prop that does not create too much bow lift as it’s prone to porpoising. Anyone who says that’s just a matter of trim control has not driven this rig, it can be controlled but setup incorrectly you will constantly be battling it and will be not be fun to drive.

After finding out I can hit 63mph to end at the expense of rough water handling, I’m back to focusing on rough water handling as 59mph to 60mph with better overall handling is plenty for me. A Bravo XS prop works great on this rig. 24p was too much to turn (although overall handling was great), so I have a 22p Bravo XS that I’ll be putting on next.

I love the rig and the overall layout but it has to be driven. Triton added more hook to the 2008+ hulls to address the porpoising, and they moved the console about 1 foot+ forward on the 216 FishHunters to eliminate the issue.

Hope you’re enjoying the rig and it’s working out well for you.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

7. Member
    I know this a old post . But some one else my have the same problem now . I would get a oringal Bravo 1 and add exhuast holes for the hole shot . But the full fare on this prop will pick up the heavy stern and the hold boat more . I would go with a 22 p also .
    They was made for the heavy stern boat any way .