Anyone bought precut carpet for their boat?

I found these pre-cut carpet kits on eBay that are specific to years and makes of boats.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-461VS-R...m6qL52Xva_9e6w

Has anyone ever used one of these before? If so, how are they holding up?

I'd totally be willing to spend the extra money to not have to cut them out...
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

2. Banned
    I would interested in it also. fixing to do a basscat

3. Member
    Their main web site is marinecarpeting.com. Looks interesting. They have pre cut kits for several brands, and according to their site, they cut them a little larger and provide a knife for trimming.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Yeah I wouldn't mind trimming the carpet as opposed to having to cut it altogether. The less time I spend messing with carpet the more time I can spend fishing.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

5. Member
    i dont see the difference you still need to trim it,the main thing about carpet is keeping it in the same direction,cut all your panels and take a chalk or tape with a arrow facing one way on all panels if not you will have different looking carpet, you see that happen a lot.its a job doing it

Looks interesting, try it and let us know. I re carpeted my Xpress this last spring. This could have saved me lots of time. If indeed everything lines up like it should.

I'd just get it from BASSCAT. 2nd time I've done mine and the big roll is the same as individual pieces. You still have to cut/trim. Plus the 24oz BC carpet is very very nice

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I helped a friend of mine do his carpet on his stratos. It was the kit. All worked good. Did have to trim the excess but i thought it was better than a huge square piece and trying to get it lined up and not waste cause there would be other areas to cut-out. I think this place was out of Georgia.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    I bought one of these kits for my Triton. Just trim the edges. Would buy again and will when carpet needs to be replaced again
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

I saved that seller. LOT's of MK parts and other stuff he's got listed.

11. Member
    When I recarpeted I laid the lid on the carpet then placed a piece of 1x3 lumber around the edge as I marked a line on the outside of the 1x3. I then used industrial scissors to cut the line I marked. This gave the perfect amount of excess to wrap around the inside lip of the lid.

12. Member
    Three years ago, I purchased precut from marinecarpeting. The carpet was good quality and I would purchase again. I installed the carpet in a 2004 TR186. Made the boat look new, sold it for more than I had in it. Now considering doing the same on my TR21. I think the precut saved a lot of time. The pieces had plenty excess to trim. Just save the carpet pieces you remove from the boat. That makes matching up easier.

13. Member
    I bought from Marine Carpeting last year for my TR 21. Picked it up at their shop in Georgia on why to Florida. Called ahead first they had everything ready for me when I arrived. Seemed to me to be very good people talked for awhile and they gave me a couple of installation tips. Also bought some other parts from them as they are a boat restoration shop. Would definitely buy from them again if I ever have to recarpet again.
    Triton 2003 TR21
    2010 225 HO E-TEC
    HHBC

14. Member
    Love my new Xpress, XP-180 but hate the rough sprayed on deck, hard on my rods and reels. Has anyone tried putting carpet over this finish?

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Buy syntec carpet, its what most of the big names use... including basscat.

Just did 2 stratos boats with these pre cut kits, no issues at all and quality carpet.