Troy, MonteSS, Larry & others

Shellback(Ron) snapped this image at Kerr Res in VA last year. He was using a GVC-10 with a 70dv unit. This is a real fishermen image & not a promotional image from a manufacturer.

I would like to see some SV/DV from others with Garmin units..

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks like he has some electrical inteference (white dots) but otherwise looks pretty good.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thats a pretty good sv image! What transducer was he using?

Im not sure about the white dots. On the one hand, they are pretty randomly placed for electrical interference. Normally you would expect to see some sort of pattern or shape to the interference. On the other hand, they are very consistent in size. If they were fish or bubbles, you would expect them to get smaller the further they were from the transducer.

Unfortunately, the bottoms tend to be pretty boring where I fish. I will up-load a few where there was at least something to look at. The last one is a capture from Homeport, so the quality is reduced a good bit. I didnt even notice that structure when we were on the water.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

I have a bunck that I have posted before. But they are pretty unimpressive similar to Larry's.

The lower end Echomap series seem to be alot better imaging than the 7600 series

5. Banned
    dont look at me...i spend very little time scanning. all of my stuff is 2d and panoptix

a couple from the facebook group i thought were cool. bass working a school of bait

the only ones i have

here's an example of the waffle affect going away when you set side and down to different frequencies

the creek out to the main lake is pretty boring. here's an underwater cable and the bridge piling

random stuff

a fish in the middle of the creek

i had some with the gt51 showing 600 feet to each side, but i can't find them
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 08-29-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I have a bunck that I have posted before. But they are pretty unimpressive similar to Larry's.

The lower end Echomap series seem to be alot better imaging than the 7600 series

I agree, I never got images like Ron's with my 7610 & GT-50....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Thats a pretty good sv image! What transducer was he using?

Im not sure about the white dots. On the one hand, they are pretty randomly placed for electrical interference. Normally you would expect to see some sort of pattern or shape to the interference. On the other hand, they are very consistent in size. If they were fish or bubbles, you would expect them to get smaller the further they were from the transducer.

Unfortunately, the bottoms tend to be pretty boring where I fish. I will up-load a few where there was at least something to look at. The last one is a capture from Homeport, so the quality is reduced a good bit. I didnt even notice that structure when we were on the water.

Larry, Ron was using the GT20 that came with the GVC-10..I still believe that the images with the GVC-10 are better, a lot better>>>>>

8. Banned
    hes also using 800 khz, not 455