Needing info: 2 shutter to 4 shutter 3.0L EFI throttle body

I recently purchased a 99 3.0L 225 efi. Motor has been sitting for a couple years with no run time. Going through the fuel system now. Was told while I have the injectors out would be a good time to find a 4 shutter throttle body opposed to the 2 shutter that's on there. Any info as to what at minimal is needed to perform the swap would be appreciated. I've found a couple threads but nothing real informative as to what parts of what is there can be used and what's needed. 2nd off I need to find one. Posted an ad in the wtb section as well. If any info or if you have parts to do it please respond.

Thanks

Mitchell

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

You would need a complete (donor) intake. The rail, TPS, connectors and hose flange can transfer between the two... but the "donor" would need to have both throttle shafts, all four butterflies, and the spring/linkage mechanisms intact.

I "may" have one intake remaining here. If so... would be a good idea to make the swap during an injector service (contact info is on the request form in the below link):

INTEGRITY Injection

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I just switched mine to the 4 butterfly!!! I also just rebuilt my motor so I haven't been able to TEST it if you know what I mean. Lol
    '97 Ranger 519 Comanche 225 EFI serial number 0G571306

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    After doing a physical inventory of my "spare" parts- we currently (as of this moment) have enough components for 3 (three) conversions. Just an FYI.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    After doing a physical inventory of my "spare" parts- we currently (as of this moment) have enough components for 3 (three) conversions. Just an FYI.
    Hi do you still have any of those available that would fit my 1996 225? Efi? If so how much including shipping to 76446?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otrdriver2002 View Post
    Hi do you still have any of those available that would fit my 1996 225? Efi? If so how much including shipping to 76446?
    All of my remaining 4-butterfly complete assemblies are gone.