Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger Trail jack

I bet the trailer jack for a Ranger trailer is probably a Ranger only item (since it is mounted in the center of the trailer)? Are these things available anywhere else other than Ranger?

Post a pic of it. Ranger doesnt make anything but the frames so no its not a ranger only item

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    its the jack mounted on the trailer which raises and lowers the tongue. All ranger trailers should have one similar. It is made by Dutton Lainson Company. Can't find the center mount style on their website.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post

NOPE! i will post a picture tomorrow.

6. Banned
    Whats wrong? Have you tried rebuilding?

7. Member
    No you are correct it is a ranger item only. I called Dutton & Lainson and it is specifically built for Ranger by them and can only be purchased from Ranger. I bought one 3 weeks ago shipped to VA was $65.

For $65 id simplify and modernize myself. No sense in cranking that dude up every time only to have the wheel still hanging.

http://www.fultonperformance.com/pro...PKE5fvpyKM3yBp

9. Member
    Might be wise to stick to the bullet page. You clearly are not familiar with the Ranger product. The Jack on Ranger trailers pivots up just behind and under the winch stand. It is not side mounted.
    Last edited by X19Indy; 08-25-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

10. Member
    For $65 id simplify and modernize myself. No sense in cranking that dude up every time only to have the wheel still hanging.

http://www.fultonperformance.com/pro...PKE5fvpyKM3yBp

i would like to but i am not sure which one i need to fit my trailer. and i think my current tongue jack has only one or two more cranks left in it before it locks up or becomes too difficult to crank.

Cabelas has the DL version i need for $85. so i will head there this weekend. I seem to get about a year out of each one. so I am going to get the new one, replace it myself. then "rebuild" the old one so next year i will already have one ready, then replace, "rebuild" etc. rinse and repeat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos H View Post
    Whats wrong? Have you tried rebuilding?

I am going to to attempt to rebuild, however I am also going to purchase a new one, replace and then rebuild the old one. then I will have 2 that I can swap quickly and rebuild at my convenience. my boat is a 2014 and this will be the 3rd tongue jack. I have greased via the zerk but that didn't seem to help.

12. Member
    If it is a 14 shouldn't it be covered by warranty? The zerk only greases the handle, grease does not get to the cylinder. I have put a light coat of grease in the Chanel on the cylinder. Seems to help. Also have heard of people drilling a hole in the cylinder to oil it. Once you take one apart you will see what I am talking about. Also check the how to repair links. Honestly, for $65 bucks I just replace it and throw the old one out. The job is messy and a real pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    Might be wise to stick to the bullet page. You clearly are not familiar with the Ranger product. The Jack on Ranger trailers pivots up just behind and under the winch stand. It is not side mounted.
    I actually own a ranger and work on em for a living. Ill go where i want. I was offering help- what did you do to contribute?

14. Member
    alli ss: i checked the fulton site, and didn't see one that looks like would fit on my rig. if you know of part number, feel free to forward. :)

thanks!

What you do is pick the jack you like then choose mounting method- bolt on or weld on. The duallie jacks are oh so nice and they roll and jack effortlessly. Anyway this link shows how they install. If you weld the bracket on you can replace the jack easily with just snap ring pliers.
    http://www.fultonperformance.com/sup...1413020134.pdf

16. Banned
    Just to be clear...This is a center mount Jack that Ranger uses. No "bracket". That's why we came up with rebuild instructions because it is a Ranger only part.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Do the right thing. Order it from Ranger. I bought a new one for my 2007 recently and picked it up from Ranger Parts. They are not that expensive.

18. Member
    I actually own a ranger and work on em for a living. Ill go where i want. I was offering help- what did you do to contribute?
    How does giving someone bad advice help them? If you do indeed work on them for a living then I would think you would know the correct way to fix it, that it is a Ranger only part and correct operation of the jack. So how do you fix it in your shop?

19. Member
    I just got one in this week. Get a hold of a dealer with you vin number. There are two different styles. Ranger parts is having issues but if you order through a dealer you can get it. I ordered it Monday and it was at the house Wednesday.

20. Scraps
    My Ranger jack was side mounted.

I went through a couple jacks, until I read in here about drilling a hole in the inside tube to be able to oil up the jack screw. Had no problems after that and it worked like never before. I would at least try this before buying a new one. Take the proceeds and buy crankbaits.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast