Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Favorite Scissors

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Accessories-Tools/Scissors-Trimmers/Tim-Holtz-Non-Stick-Micro-Serrated-Scissors/p/17651

I'm a boat tool fanatic. Everything has a place and I am always searching for better pliers, scissors, sharpeners etc. These babies are the best scissors I have found. They are serrated, so they cut braid very very well. The precision tip makes cutting close to knots a breeze, they don't rust and the large handles are great even with gloves on. If you are picky about tools like me, go pick up a pair or two. Don't forget the 40% coupon either!

2. Member
    Thanks

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    I do hope you're joking,a little out of my league.

6. Member
    Ordered a pair to try thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I do hope you're joking,a little out of my league.
    They are very expensive but are oh so nice. Its like a rolex watch with no expenses spared. I got them as a gift but now that ive had em if i lost em id buy another pair that day. Im sure theres others that are nice at less than half the price but ive never seen any that effortlessly cuts braid and dont leave a single fiber uncut every single time

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Just got a pair, I'm always having issues with cutting braid, thanx for post

I've got a couple pairs of the Tim Holtz scissors. Stole a pair from my wife once when I was respooling and cleaning reels. Liked them so much I bought a pair. I'm a tool addict too. A tool for everything in my boat. And they all have their place.
    And you don't have to spend a fortune to get a really good pair of scissors.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Boome...age-BOOMS.html

ive been using this and it's cuts 65 braid without hesitation

11. Member
    I bought a pair today...They are great Thanks!

12. Member
    Ok I clicked on the link and they were $11.99 ....... That's all ? If that's outta someone's league I respectfully say they may want to take up a different hobby ! Too funny !

Do yourself a favor and pick up a pair of these at Harbor Freight. $3.99 and they are fantastic. I bought several pair to have handy. I like them a whole lot more than scissors or nail clippers. And, they cut braid easily.

http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-f...ter-90708.html
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    Ok I clicked on the link and they were $11.99 ....... That's all ? If that's outta someone's league I respectfully say they may want to take up a different hobby ! Too funny !
    You clicked the wrong link, they are $314.00. Out of my league also.

15. Member
    [QUOTE=School Master;7628940]http://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Accessories-Tools/Scissors-Trimmers/Tim-Holtz-Non-Stick-Micro-Serrated-Scissors/p/17651

I'm a boat tool fanatic. Everything has a place and I am always searching for better pliers, scissors, sharpeners etc. These babies are the best scissors I have found. They are serrated, so they cut braid very very well. The precision tip makes cutting close to knots a breeze, they don't rust and the large handles are great even with gloves on. If you are picky about tools like me, go pick up a pair or two. Don't forget the 40% coupon either![/QUOT

Thanks. Bought a pair local. Tried them as soon as I got home. Works great on braid.

I bought some of these scissors made for cutting Kevlar and fiber optics. Cut slack 65# PP without a hiccup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    I sell these pliers along with my custom pedestal holsters, they cut braid pretty good also.IMG_20160905_223058.jpgDSC_0374.jpg

1989 Ranger 374V / 1989 Mercury BlackMax 175

18. Member
    Picked up a pair today. I used the 40% off coupon from the website. They seem like the real deal.

I just bought 4 pair of these today... 1 for my boat, One for my tackle bench, and two to give to friends.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast