Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Got these thru work. A little pricey but cuts limp braid like butter. Clean, sharp cut with no strands left hanging.

2. Gray
    I picked up a pair of Kitchen Aid kitchen scissors in the local super market. $4.95. I've been through every scissor out there and these have been the best. They are over sized which I like and cut braid better than the high priced ones.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX20Harris View Post
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Boome...age-BOOMS.html

ive been using this and it's cuts 65 braid without hesitation
    Same here... lost the first ones I had and just picked up another one. Never have issues cutting braid.

https://www.staples.com/Fiskars-reg-...product_257089

These sissors are incredible and cut limp braid like a hot sharp knife cutting soft butter.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

After getting tired of frayed edges with clippers and scissors, I decided to try on of these and it works better than anything I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    After getting tired of frayed edges with clippers and scissors, I decided to try on of these and it works better than anything I've ever used.

I love this thing - Most useful accessory on the boat!

2014 Phoenix 920 Pro XP, Yamaha 250 SHO,

Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    I have tried just about every one of those listed in this thread. "Some" work but only for a short period of time. These look very promising, thanks for the link.

9. Member
    All these are great. But i just use a sharp kobalt utility knife. If it dulls just change the blade. Opens and closes like a buck knife. So relatively safe for stowing. Those pitbull ones look interesting tho for sure. Good input all!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 95ranger487 View Post
    I love this thing - Most useful accessory on the boat!

I use almost strictly braid, sometimes with fluoro or mono leaders and, this is a good tool at the beginning, but when using almost strictly braid, it'll stop cutting limp braid mid year. Come winter, I'm tossing the old one into the bottom of the tackle box, just in case, and buying a new one for the next year.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

11. Banned
    Probably because I've been in telecom all my adult life I use splicers scissors. In the trade we call them snips and I've had a pair on the boat for decades. If need be, they will cut hooks and other material that would be impossible with lesser cutters. I take the knife out and keep a pair of longnose pliers in that part of the pouch.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...7SEN/202282840

12. Member
    I use electrician's scissors.

13. Member
    I have about eight different types,I get them from my nephew,he works for the DEA,he has to clean them first I don't know what they use but it sure does the job! most of his co-workers carry some type or another,Can't beat free My favorites look like kids scissors.cuts clean from thin braid up to 65#.

Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    Well I have had these for a few trips now and I will say I would put them up against ANY scissors out there. These are the real deal. Thanks for the link.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123