Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Angry XRS Seat Removal ......????

Anyone ever try to remove the back rest section on an XRS? My back rest broke and I got new ones, trick now is removing them. There are 3 screws holding it but all they will do is spin ... Won't get any tighter and won't get any looser. Evidently there is a lock nut on the back that you can't get to. The only way I see how is to cut an access hole with a hole saw on the inside of the storage box directly behind the seats.

2. Member
    Seems like Aron told me there is a round bulkhead access under the seat bottom and you have to reach up through there to access the back nuts.

Dont cut a hole theres a way if you look

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Dont cut a hole theres a way if you look
    I looked, I thought, I looked again. And if there is access through the bottom seat, how the hell to you get the bottom seat out? I think these seats were installed with the same concept in mind of the older 20XD gas tanks.

May have to give bullet a call tomorrow

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    You can get to the screws that hold the bottoms on by spreading apart the middle cushion. I didn't take the backs off mine but maybe you can access the nuts through that cutout. There is one under each seat.

7. Member
    The backs are a pain, Go in through the round access and up. Metric nuts 8 or 10mm I think. Dont drop the fender washers.

8. Member
    On my 2016 the bottom insert on the back (below the striped insert) has Velcro on it. To remove pull down slowly on top of insert and it has a vinyl hinge attaching it at the bottom. Do not grab and jerk it off as you will tear the vinyl hinge. There will be 3 1/4 x 20 bolts holding the seat back to the fiberglass.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jav View Post
    You can get to the screws that hold the bottoms on by spreading apart the middle cushion. I didn't take the backs off mine but maybe you can access the nuts through that cutout. There is one under each seat.

I'll try this tonight, thanks

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donniec View Post
    On my 2016 the bottom insert on the back (below the striped insert) has Velcro on it. To remove pull down slowly on top of insert and it has a vinyl hinge attaching it at the bottom. Do not grab and jerk it off as you will tear the vinyl hinge. There will be 3 1/4 x 20 bolts holding the seat back to the fiberglass.
    Yep, those are the ones you can't get off .... try unscrewing them

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Yep, those are the ones you can't get off .... try unscrewing them
    Mertric nuts on the back. Have to hold backup.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I'll try this tonight, thanks
    (4) 6" long screws holding the bottom seats on. I was able to access the nuts (11mm) on the back side of the backrest thru the hole. All kinds of goodies under my seat .... Spare change, tungsten, couple old flukes. You must have cleaned yours before you took the pic, Ha Ha.

13. Member
    I know this is reviving an old thread, but has anyone thought about making storage compartments under the seats? Seems like if the bottoms folded forward there would be room for a nice storage area.
    XRS/250 ProXS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountryx View Post
    I know this is reviving an old thread, but has anyone thought about making storage compartments under the seats? Seems like if the bottoms folded forward there would be room for a nice storage area.
    I think you would have to move the seat bottoms forward to get them to clear the seat backs when flipping forward. I'm sure it could be done but it might look/feel goofy.

15. Member
    Aaron converted to buckets similar to the Ally buckets then added the under seat storage. Should be pictures on here somewhere.

16. Member
    Bamacj that is what I was going to do when mine break again I sent mine back and they fixed the back but now the lid on back deck cant open I've got to send it back but in the middle of tournament season I hate to do it

17. Member
    I'm not sure if hinges can work on the factory seats or not as I have never had the factory seats. I had my '16 21SDC built without seats and installed Allison buckets mounted on hinged plates. I cut squares out of the glass base and installed the plastic trays from the X boats. The hull area below can also be used for storage but it is not blocked off in the rear like the X boats. If you put anything down there you must secure it or it will end up all the way back to the rear battery compartment and you will never get it back. I have some spare ropes stored there and have eye bolts through the stringers to clip them to so they don't disappear. I can text pics of the install to anyone interested. You can PM me your number if you don't want it public. As mentioned, Aron & I are good friends and he also did the exact same thing in his 21SS a few years before I got my 21SDC.

18. Member
    That’s a reason to order a Bullet with no seats and install Allison buckets. What a pain!

19. Member
    My plan was to put Ally buckets in my SS. I had a pair of the short buckets but they looked too low. Now, the older I get the more I dislike getting up from the floor. So the stock seats are staying for now.

thats some ranger type chit right there. rediculous. id daamn sure be lookin for some allison buckets. look and feel better anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast