Delta in November

My brother and I had a tough summer and fall trying to schedule our vacation together. We finally managed a date to hit the Delta. I'll be landing in CA during the second and third week of November to fish. We have about 2 weeks up there together. What kind of conditions can we expect there? Any advice is welcome. Last few times there it took most of the vacation to figure out the pattern.

Guessing no one fishes the delta in November ?

California traffic in these parts is rather slow. Most CA fisherman don't seem to share on here. AHHAHAHAHAH

There's also several CA based fishing boards on other sites that get more traffic. You may want to try there.

I myself haven't fished the Delta, so I can't be of any help.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

It can be COLD, WET, and FOGGY there in the Winter.

Make sure you have a GPS (with a mapping chip if possible).

Rains flush a lot of floating debris into the water, not uncommon to see trees, tree stump, large lumber, etc. floating

Here's my take on the Delta in November / Winter. I have had some great days over the years, during the winter, but I've also had many crash and burns. Most of the time I have two, go to baits....5" Senko (Watermelon / Red/Black, and Cinnamon / Black Purple) , and a Speed Trap (Delta Craw and Firetiger). I like to throw the Senko in dead end sloughs / marinas.....tules, and on docks. I like to throw the Speed Traps on rocks walls with sparse tules on the main channel.

I try and abide by the following rules in most cases (year round) High tide - Tight to the Bank, Low tide - Outside edge of the weeds.....Tide going OUT, fish the OUTSIDE of structure....Tide coming IN, fish the INSIDE of the structure

Please note, I am just a weekend fisherman......I noticed there was no responses and thought I would try to help. Where are you guys planning on launching?

Just an idea, there are several great guides on the Delta. If funds permit, I would consider a guide the first day, then hopefully you could get on a bite the rest of your trip.
    2016 Ranger RT 188 - Charcoal / Dark Cherry
    2016 Mercury 115 Fourstroke - Laser II 20p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb.
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1
    Garmin 1022 GPSMAP - Liveoptics LVS34 - Tackle Shack Trolling Motor Pole Mount
    Humminbird Helix 7 GPS Only - Lakemaster VX Premium
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1 - Navionics +
    NextGen Lithium Batteries
    V-T2 Live well vents
    (2) Loc-R-Bar / Custom brackets - Bream Metals
    BTO Trailer steps

#HomeBrewTackleCo

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    California traffic in these parts is rather slow. Most CA fisherman don't seem to share on here. AHHAHAHAHAH

There's also several CA based fishing boards on other sites that get more traffic. You may want to try there.

I myself haven't fished the Delta, so I can't be of any help.
    Good points....back in the day http://www.westernbass.com was my go to website for information. Now the traffic isn't there, and the sharing has slowed to a trickle.
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb.
    V-T2 Live well vents
    BTO Trailer steps

#HomeBrewTackleCo

I use...but that's mostly SD based lakes.

http://www.sdfish.com/forums/
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Did you guys make it out? Just curious how you did.....
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb.
    V-T2 Live well vents
    BTO Trailer steps

#HomeBrewTackleCo

We had a blast as usual. Mornings were mostly cold and foggy. Once the fog lifted, we dealt with the on going winds. We boated bass every day and almost all came on worm and rattles. Did a lot of new waters this year and trying to establish a pattern was constantly changing along with the water levels and temperature. Can't wait until next year. The date is still up in the air. End of August or September. The Guinness were a nice bonus at the end of each day.