2 questions need a little input

#1 Looking of buying another camper thinking about a older designer 02-09 to park on a slab on a lake front lot at Cumberland seem like a good quality built rig to me but looking for thoughts or other ideas need one to last about 10 years while we build a retirement house little bit at a time. #2 Having a hard time finding a lot Cumberland that is big enough to do both(camper and house building) that's lake front, and allows a camper to stay while while you build. you guys got any ideas to look?
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Honestly don't think you'd want to build a house someplace that would let a camper stay 10 years. Can you finish a small part of the house or an outbuilding as a mini living area to stay in while you build?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

So, you want to buy a 10 year old camper and make it last 10 more? Not saying it cant be done, just saying finding one in good condition that has never had leaks is going to be a huge task. I guess if you found one that has not had leaks and park it under a cover, it might work. (Having one that has not leaked is important to prevent long term health problems because of mold.) More to your point, if you are looking for something to live in, I would be looking for a fifth wheel or a park model. Wherever you end up buying, make sure there are not any restrictions preventing you from parking a camper on the lot.
    "I see dead people"

4. Member
    I can't help you with your question but I will tell you I wouldn't live near Cumberland if I was given a 100 acre lake front lot. Too many crazy azz Ohio'uns that come down.

5. Member
    Only thing about a 10 yr old camper is the roof. They are good for 10 yrs and then start pulling away from the ends. $5000.00 to get a roof put on my 39ft Layton.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Not familiar with the area, but lots away from the lake should go a lot cheaper. Buy two, put your camper on the away lot, then sell it as a lot w/camper when you get the lake lot done.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

I tend to agree with an above post about probably not wanting to build a house in a place that well let you live out of an RV on it for 10 year. I guess if it was a really be piece of land (many acres) and you can't see your neighbors but if it is a subdivision of some sort I'd probably stay away. I also like the idea of getting a small area done first and then waiting on the rest. If you could build maybe a two car garage with an efficiency apartment over it that might work. Depends on any covenants in the area you choose those. Also, some neighborhoods will dictate how long you can take to build a house. So, you can't lay the foundation, wait a year, put up walls, wait a year, etc, etc...
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Guess I should of said that I would not live in it full time just once a month till I build the house I am now thinking of a pole barn to park it in and pull out to use when I am down there.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs