Thread: H-D FYI

H-D FYI

H-D, in response to an EPA lawsuit that was settled, will no longer sell Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuners. This is effective immediately. So those of us that used them, or were planning on using them for future engine upgrades, will have to find an alternative. I'm sure the EPA will be after Dynojet, Vance and Hines as well as others before too long.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

YEP, seen that this morning on MSN headlines. Gonna make a lot of folks butthurt!!!!

Messed up my side job of street tuning bikes. Will need to switch over to Dynojet until the EPA shuts them down. It's coming. We knew things were working toward this but were surprised at the quick announcement.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

You forgot to mention the buy back of tuners already sold.

The company agreed to offer to buy back all of the devices, cease selling the tuners and destroy them.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    You forgot to mention the buy back of tuners already sold.
    They are not going to do that. Only the unsold ones the dealers have in stock. But we've been told to sell what we have. Dealers apparently aren't part of H-D corporate so aren't held to the lawsuit agreement. They've increased the capability of the Street Tuner (but not to the level of the Super Tuner) so we'll still have some tuning capability.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

6. Member
    That sucks. But typical of the gov't to keep taking away freedoms a little at a time. The EPA needs to be abolished, especially the way it picks on small guys in the middle of no where, to bully us into submission.

the street tuner is allowing about 75% of the tuning that the race tuner did, which is better than we were expecting, and at the end of the day its all that we have for the 17eens, and even when other companies make products available, not many folks are going to give up their factory warranty to run them. the buy back program is for dealers that still have them in their inventory, those that have been installed are still supported by software, and can still be tuned. our stage 3 motors are making respectable power, now we have to figure out how to get over the mph hurdle