What tracker boat models?

What tracker models over the years fall under the below criteria? I know they have done no major changes but only small changes.

18' or longer
    Around 85" beam or wider
    40 mph or faster

Also I know they contain wood. Where exactly is all the wood located? Is it just the floors? Transom? Etc. Do trackers have any problem years for cracks, etc?

2. Member
    The only ones that come to mind are the PT190, Avalanche and the Tournament V-18. Nwest one would be the 195TXW with the 150

The Avalanche wasn't around long and I've heard of a few splitting down the middle. The tournament V-18 seems to be a desirable boat and well made and the PT190 will do over 40MPH with the 90 on the back.

As for wood, the only wood I can find on my PT190 is the floors. The transom is all aluminum.

As for cracks, I've seen posts of transom cracks on the 195, hull cracks on the avalanche and a few of both on the PT190. Not enough for me to worry regarding the PT195 and 190 but I personally would stay away from an Avalanche.

As a side note, if you are worried about cracks, they can happen and have happened on many other brands as well.

The tournament V-18 is the only one I haven't heard or seen much about. They weren't made long but look sweet.

3. Member
    The pro team 185 is 18'3" and the beam is 83". I have a 2005 model 185 with a 115 optimax and I can get it to 50mph easily.
    2005 pro team 185
    2005 opti 115
    21” spitfire x7
    Bobs machine 6" action hydro jackplate
    8’ power pole blades

4. Member
    The Avalanche was way ahead of its time. In my opinion it is still the best looking aluminum boat ever made and topped out with a 175 would flat out haul butt. They used .125 aluminum and no wood that I know of. They had some stability issues at higher speeds but still command top dollar if you are lucky enough to find one. The first one I saw I couldn't believe it wasn't made of fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by WileyW View Post
    The Avalanche was way ahead of its time. In my opinion it is still the best looking aluminum boat ever made and topped out with a 175 would flat out haul butt. They used .125 aluminum and no wood that I know of. They had some stability issues at higher speeds but still command top dollar if you are lucky enough to find one. The first one I saw I couldn't believe it wasn't made of fiberglass.
    X2. I always thought they were a sweet looking ride. There's a rare low hour Avalanche on eBay right now, looks pretty sweet .

Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    The only ones that come to mind are the PT190, Avalanche and the Tournament V-18. Nwest one would be the 195TXW with the 150

The Avalanche wasn't around long and I've heard of a few splitting down the middle. The tournament V-18 seems to be a desirable boat and well made and the PT190 will do over 40MPH with the 90 on the back.

As for wood, the only wood I can find on my PT190 is the floors. The transom is all aluminum.

As for cracks, I've seen posts of transom cracks on the 195, hull cracks on the avalanche and a few of both on the PT190. Not enough for me to worry regarding the PT195 and 190 but I personally would stay away from an Avalanche.

As a side note, if you are worried about cracks, they can happen and have happened on many other brands as well.

The tournament V-18 is the only one I haven't heard or seen much about. They weren't made long but look sweet.

The Tournament V18 was around since 1999 which also had a sister model called the V18 All Fish model. The last year the TV18 was made was 2010. If you can find one of these boats you better snap it up. They handle rough water easily and has as much deck space as most 20 foot glass boats. My TV18 has a third more deck space as my Triton TR186. That extra deck space also equates to more storage space as well. Finally the TV18 is also max hp rated at 150hp.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyW View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I saw one at the ramp a few weeks ago. Beautiful boats, I had never seen one before and if I had not looked real close I would have assumed it was glass.
    2009 Tracker PT 190 TX W/ Mercury 90 ELPTO & Minnkota Maxxum 80 TM

"Not for fame or reward, Not for place or for rank, Not lured by ambition, Or goaded by necessity, But in simple Obedience to Duty; As they understood it, These men suffered all, Sacrificed all, Dared all--and died" USN Submariner - "Pride runs Deep"