Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Ths latest (18.2) us a no-go with Gen 2s in the network, so the latest you should update to is the one before the current one. Don’t remember the number though.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    No, SS 3D is 455 kHz only.
    Yes, you would have to choose SS 3D as source in order to use it. And yes, since it only supports 455 the option of choosing frequenzy (like you can do on TotalScan, LSS-2 and HDI) is locked.
    SS 3D does not do 2D at all. With a 2D-ducer connected to the Carbon (or another unit in your network) you can offcourse do 2D with whatever frequenzy that ducer supports.

I`m currently running three different 2D-ducers in my system a long with the SS 3D. Ducer in Motorguide Xi5, Airmar TM150M and Airmar P66. (The TM150M will be replaced with TM185HW.) That kind of setup is overkill for most bass-guys. But I fish for many different species of fish so my fishing-depth varies from 3 to 1500 feet during the year. My local freshwater lake is 1000+ feet deep. Our mountains are high, and our lakes and fjords are deep so I can`t do with just one ducer for all my needs.

What in the hell do you catch in 1500 feet of water, or even 1000+ Ft. We barely fish past 30-40ft, freshwater of course.

3. Member
    In freshwater there is litle to fish for at those depths here in Norway. I fish for arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus) down to around 160 feet but most of the fishing is done in 3-40 feet, though often pelagic over far greater total depth.

I fish in saltwater as well, and there we actually fish at the bottom at depths of 1500-2000 feet.

4. Member
    Ths latest (18.2) us a no-go with Gen 2s in the network, so the latest you should update to is the one before the current one. Don’t remember the number though.
    Thanks for the info., much appreciated! Looks like 4.0-59.1.72 is the most current version prior to 18.2.

Question for the group. I am ordering a new boat that will have Carbons and structure scan. Should I get the 3D ducer instead of the LSS2? I don't care about the 3D part so can I just get the ducer and not any extra "box"? What would I lose as compared to the LSS2?
    Thanks guys...I would love to have that clarity

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

6. Member
    I would not buy LSS-2 at this point. Go for SS 3D (and yes you do need the module regardless of how you use the ducer) or wait until the new «2 in 1» is available and the new software for Carbon making it compatible with «2 in 1».

I would not buy LSS-2 at this point. Go for SS 3D (and yes you do need the module regardless of how you use the ducer) or wait until the new «2 in 1» is available and the new software for Carbon making it compatible with «2 in 1».
    Thank you sir for the info! I'll see what that will do to the cost.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Banned
    The pics are from a Gen 2 non-touch HDS, so yes it works. The SS 3D module use the same cables for power and ethernet as your module, so just swap them around. The SS 3D ducer fits in the same bracket as your LSS-2, so just switch them around as well. The only issue that might arise, is the massive plastick joint at the end of the cable from the ducer, this requires a lot more space to thread through a boat then the smal plug you have on your LSS-2 today.
    well I have a gen 1 10 hds do you think I can do the same thing .an it will work????

9. Member
    I haven’t tested it with Gen 1s so I have no idea. I would guess yes, but don’t count on it.

10. Member
    Hoping you might be able to help me with this. Based on this string, I went ahead and got the structurescan 3D module and transducer. Previously I had the structurescan HD with LSS2. My head units are both Gen 2 non touch, HDS 8's (one front, one console). Their software is updated to the most current version 45.2.200. My StructureScan 3D is S3D-61.1.123 28:2D:C5. I just installed everything and took it out for its first run and had an issue. My downscan won't work at all and no depth is displayed. My sidescan works perfectly and I immediately noticed the increased range, but no downscan. My range is set to auto. The lights on the module are green blinking, indicating that its searching for bottom. Im worried that my 3D module may have been updated to a software version that makes it unusable with my Gen 2s, or perhaps something is wrong with the module or transducer? Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as I know the folks on this thread have a wealth of knowledge on this topic.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarmstrong View Post
    Hoping you might be able to help me with this. Based on this string, I went ahead and got the structurescan 3D module and transducer. Previously I had the structurescan HD with LSS2. My head units are both Gen 2 non touch, HDS 8's (one front, one console). Their software is updated to the most current version 45.2.200. My StructureScan 3D is S3D-61.1.123 28:2D:C5. I just installed everything and took it out for its first run and had an issue. My downscan won't work at all and no depth is displayed. My sidescan works perfectly and I immediately noticed the increased range, but no downscan. My range is set to auto. The lights on the module are green blinking, indicating that its searching for bottom. Im worried that my 3D module may have been updated to a software version that makes it unusable with my Gen 2s, or perhaps something is wrong with the module or transducer? Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as I know the folks on this thread have a wealth of knowledge on this topic.
    Any 3d software 18.2 and above the gen 2 wont work on. 4.0-59.1.72 is the last known software version to work with the gen2. You 3d software is 18.2 or 18.3 right now. I know 18.3 on mine i have nothing on the gen 2 no side or down. Just find the 4.0 software and install it.

12. Member
    Thanks for the response. 2 questions regarding it. Any ideas where I could find the 4.0 software? I couldn't find it on the Lowrance site. Is it archived somewhere? If Im able to locate the 4.0 software, will I be able to update the module using a Gen 2 head unit?

13. Banned
    TEAM COLIBRI: I
    have a quick question ? a friend of mine has a extra active imaging 3 in 1 transducer. so if i plugged it in to the gen 2 hds 10 structure scan black box , do you think it would work on the gen 2 10 unit or blow something up? lol It looks like i would need a nine to 7 pin adapter cable to make it work. but i have one of those too.. lol any ideas would be nice..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarmstrong View Post
    Thanks for the response. 2 questions regarding it. Any ideas where I could find the 4.0 software? I couldn't find it on the Lowrance site. Is it archived somewhere? If Im able to locate the 4.0 software, will I be able to update the module using a Gen 2 head unit?
    If you're still looking for it, the 4.0 software can be located at the following link. Not sure about being able to use the Gen 2 head unit to downgrade the 3D module.

ftp://software.lowrance.com/Structur...Standard-1.riw

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    TEAM COLIBRI: I
    have a quick question ? a friend of mine has a extra active imaging 3 in 1 transducer. so if i plugged it in to the gen 2 hds 10 structure scan black box , do you think it would work on the gen 2 10 unit or blow something up? lol It looks like i would need a nine to 7 pin adapter cable to make it work. but i have one of those too.. lol any ideas would be nice..
    Downscan will work, SideScan will most likely not work. AI uses a different pingratio and the elements inside the transducer (for SideScan) are not the same as in LSS-2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123