Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks. Going to have to do this. Great shots
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

2. Member
    FYI: It seems I can not update the 3D-module from my Gen 2s. Updating takes Gen 3 or Simrad NSS Evo2.

3. Member
    I might even look into this myself, looks very interesting. I have no experience at all but you gotta start somewhere! great pics

I know it's been a while but just curious does this mean the only thing you really lose for the 3D is the ability to pan in 3D? But sure looks like the clarity is there?
    1995 ProCraft SuperPro 180 / Mercury 150 XRI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gguertin View Post
    I know it's been a while but just curious does this mean the only thing you really lose for the 3D is the ability to pan in 3D? But sure looks like the clarity is there?
    Correct. All the advantages for sidescan are there, but no 3D-view. (An not possible to update the modules software, so make sure the shop does that for you if you can not borrow a Gen 3.)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    The pics are from a Gen 2 non-touch HDS, so yes it works. The SS 3D module use the same cables for power and ethernet as your module, so just swap them around. The SS 3D ducer fits in the same bracket as your LSS-2, so just switch them around as well. The only issue that might arise, is the massive plastick joint at the end of the cable from the ducer, this requires a lot more space to thread through a boat then the smal plug you have on your LSS-2 today.
    The issue running into with mine the end is
    large and wiring tight thanks for sharing always like Lowrances 8's
    Last edited by Treeguyus; 04-03-2017 at 05:15 AM.

7. Member
    If I am understanding right you are using the SS 3D transducer and the 3D box hooked to a HDS Gen 2 non touch screen through the Ethernet and seeing 2D from the 3D box and transducer. I just ask tech support at Lowrance if I could remove the LSS 2 and box and install the 3D box and SS 3D transducer and be able to see 2D structure scan on my HDS 10 Gen2 unit and was told no. So what you are doing is something that tech support does not know.
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

8. Member
    This is not the first time I'm doing something the US-support is claiming does not work. I'll add it to the list. :D

9. Member
    how much different in size is the 3d transducer compared to a lss-2?

10. Member
    Same length and width, but sligthly thicker.

11. Member
    I got out today for the trial of the 3D transducer input to my HDS 10 Gen 2 non touch unit and I am verifying that it does indeed work on the HDS 10 and very well. So much for the Lowrance tech knowing what will work on the 3D transducer. Of course I can't use the 3D on my HDS 10 but the 2D structure and down scan does work (very well).. Thanks to Team Colibri....
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

12. Member
    So.....does this mean that 3D will work on a TI unit? I dont care about the 3d part, just want the added clarity.

Im assuming that since TI units dont have an ethernet port, no. But can you hook the 3d to the sonar port and it work?

13. Member
    No, there is no way to make this work with Elite Ti.

14. Member
    How does the downscan on the 3D ducer compare to the LSS-2 ducer?? Great sidescan shots though!

John

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    How does the downscan on the 3D ducer compare to the LSS-2 ducer?? Great sidescan shots though!

John
    Thanks.
    Downscan from LSS-2 and SS 3D is exactly the same as far as I can see. (That figures, since the cheramic elements used are the same so no technical difference either.)

16. Member
    Man that’s some nice work and shots.

What is the pixel count on the HDS Gen 2
    I have one but lost the manual someplace.

Thanks

17. Member
    I see that the Frequency of 455 is showing on your screen Do you have the ability to chang it to 800?
    On my Carbon the only way I can get an image by picking S3D-59-1-72 as the source and it does not show the frequency and Doing so I loose the ability to change the frequency
    If I switch back to this unit as a source I have the option to change frequency but no image.

I would like to be able to run in 2D and be able to change frequency. If possible

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Man that’s some nice work and shots.

What is the pixel count on the HDS Gen 2
    I have one but lost the manual someplace.

Thanks
    The 8 and 10 is 600X800, the 7 is 480X640 and the 5 is 480X480.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    I see that the Frequency of 455 is showing on your screen Do you have the ability to chang it to 800?
    On my Carbon the only way I can get an image by picking S3D-59-1-72 as the source and it does not show the frequency and Doing so I loose the ability to change the frequency
    If I switch back to this unit as a source I have the option to change frequency but no image.

I would like to be able to run in 2D and be able to change frequency. If possible
    No, SS 3D is 455 kHz only.
    Yes, you would have to choose SS 3D as source in order to use it. And yes, since it only supports 455 the option of choosing frequenzy (like you can do on TotalScan, LSS-2 and HDI) is locked.
    SS 3D does not do 2D at all. With a 2D-ducer connected to the Carbon (or another unit in your network) you can offcourse do 2D with whatever frequenzy that ducer supports.

I`m currently running three different 2D-ducers in my system a long with the SS 3D. Ducer in Motorguide Xi5, Airmar TM150M and Airmar P66. (The TM150M will be replaced with TM185HW.) That kind of setup is overkill for most bass-guys. But I fish for many different species of fish so my fishing-depth varies from 3 to 1500 feet during the year. My local freshwater lake is 1000+ feet deep. Our mountains are high, and our lakes and fjords are deep so I can`t do with just one ducer for all my needs.

20. Member
    Hi Team Colibri,

Question, I'm running the SS 3D with older Gen-2 touch and non-touch units. Do you know what the latest 3D software load is known to work with these units? My 3d unit currently is running old 1.5-56.1.142 and I would like to update to the most current version that is known to be compatible with the Gen-2 units, just don't want to break it in the process. I read your post about needing a Gen-3 or above head unit to perform the update, so I would like to try and get it right the first time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast