Exclamation Tracker Boats Ladder Install with pic

After falling out of a boat a few years back and almost not getting back in I have always felt like a working ladder was almost a must on my boats. When I got my Tracker it didn't have one, I researched a bunch on here and a lot of guys like the All Aboard Ladder because it mounts to the engine bolts. I bought one of those and i'll say this much it's a well made ladder and the customer service was good. I took it out to try it and got in the lake in 10 feet of water and let me just way there was no way in hell I was getting back in the boat with that thing. I tried for 15 minutes and It just wasn't happening for me. I'm a big fella so that's probably part of it I guess. My brother had to tow me back to shore and when we were in about 3 feet of water when I could touch bottom only then could I get in using the ladder.
    Well that scared me bad cause I fish a lot in the winter, early spring and fall and often time have a lot of clothes on. So last week I bought a telescoping 4 step ladder off of Amazon for like $82 shipped. This ladder goes down almost 4 feet into the water and is very strong. I'm over 300 pounds and never felt unsafe on it at all. I was able to get in the water, deploy the ladder and get in the boat in about 15 seconds and it was EASY. This thing may not be the prettiest thing to look at but the safety factor is WELL worth it to me. Just thought I would share my experience and show my install. I'm also not near as mechanical as most of you guys so I'm sure someone could of done better or chosen a better spot but I got in an out of the boat in 12 feet of water 3 straight times with little effort and fast. I feel ALOT safer now.

Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad you found one that works for you. Don't worry about how it looks. I think it looks fine. The important part is that you can get back into the boat. My new one has a swim platform with a ladder. I worry about going in the drink and getting back out as well.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

3. Gray
    Can you provide the link or name of that ladder? I'm looking for one for my Tracker also. Thanks

4. Member
    http://www.sears.com/amarine-made-4-...SPM12249538830

There is the name although I got mine on amazon

That will work. Peace of mind is priceless

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    Here is the current link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
    Do you have any trouble having something to grab when you near the top of ladder? Took my sister and the kidos tubing had a real hard tine getting back aboard, gotta have a ladder for my TX190.

7. Member
    Hi Travis,

I know this is a few years old, but any chance you have the “length” of the mounting bracket itself? I’m trying to see if this will fit on the port side of my 2014 Tracker. I have a 3” wide top that I hope this will mount on.

Thanks,
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    After falling out of a boat a few years back and almost not getting back in I have always felt like a working ladder was almost a must on my boats. When I got my Tracker it didn't have one, I researched a bunch on here and a lot of guys like the All Aboard Ladder because it mounts to the engine bolts. I bought one of those and i'll say this much it's a well made ladder and the customer service was good. I took it out to try it and got in the lake in 10 feet of water and let me just way there was no way in hell I was getting back in the boat with that thing. I tried for 15 minutes and It just wasn't happening for me. I'm a big fella so that's probably part of it I guess. My brother had to tow me back to shore and when we were in about 3 feet of water when I could touch bottom only then could I get in using the ladder.
    Well that scared me bad cause I fish a lot in the winter, early spring and fall and often time have a lot of clothes on. So last week I bought a telescoping 4 step ladder off of Amazon for like $82 shipped. This ladder goes down almost 4 feet into the water and is very strong. I'm over 300 pounds and never felt unsafe on it at all. I was able to get in the water, deploy the ladder and get in the boat in about 15 seconds and it was EASY. This thing may not be the prettiest thing to look at but the safety factor is WELL worth it to me. Just thought I would share my experience and show my install. I'm also not near as mechanical as most of you guys so I'm sure someone could of done better or chosen a better spot but I got in an out of the boat in 12 feet of water 3 straight times with little effort and fast. I feel ALOT safer now.

Travis