Thread: ALX rods

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    Thanks, got the toad face and deputy coming my way.
    Good choices! Thanks for the business!

l really like my A L X rods.. Selling what few Dobyns I have left and going to pick up a couple more of these.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    We've been looking at adding more spinning rods... be sure to also check out the BOKU Series... the Spottail 76 and the Slot 76 may well already answer your needs. 6th place for the FLW Costa on Champlain this year was won using the BOKU series...

I'd go this:

Speck76 - spybait, light hair jig
    Slot 76 - spybait, NED, small tube, dropshot
    Spottail 76 - Tube, heavier shakey

TW and Cabelas don't stock the BOKU because they only look that's it was originally designed for inshore. Makes one heck of a freshwater rod. This line does an incredible job protecting light line. Good tip and backbone, but you aren't going to horse a fish - but you shouldn't be on 6 and 8# line as much anyway.

We have them at our website and all are in stock. BBCFREE for free shipping.
    Thanks i didnt realize this! I will have to try them!

Guys I know I'm late to the party. But rest assure the ALX rods are the ones that I am buying. I've had tried about all of them and by far its quality and workmanship are second to none. What other site can you get real and honest answers to your questions. I found this out when I decided to move on from my last rod manufacturer. I left a message with his wife and Alex called me and we talked for a good 30 minutes answering all the questions I had. You will not be disappointed in these rods.

5. Member
    I am also waiting for a call back from Alex i spoke to him a little bit yesterday but need to ask him a few more questions as i am a coangler so can not have 10 rods with me am trying to get all techniques covered in 6 to 7 rods necaise i am going to have a seperate rod for frogs and flippinf and pitching and my heavier jigs.

Alex, we talked at the FLW Championship in Columbia. We appreciate you taking the time to talk to us about Warriors on the Water. I was really impressed with ALX rods so much that I ordered a Toadface for my frog fishing. I'm guessing this rod will also work for horny toads. Thanks again!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

7. Member
    Looking at buying 2 ALX Zolo's tonight or tomorrow at the latest due to Labor day sales. One dedicated for frog fishing (so I assume the toad face) and the other is going to be dedicated to spinner baits (Looking at Deputy or dream) opinions please?
    Just an update, fished both of these rods multiple times now for the last month. Deputy rigged with Shimano Chronarch 150HG is absolutely my favorite rod in the boat. The rod is very versatile and can be utilized for many applications. Only thing I don't care for is the cork handle so I am going to have Winn Grips installed. Toad face is also a very nice rod, will also be getting Winn Grips. Will be ordering another deputy and an ALX Zolo medium Crank and Dream next.

Just an update, fished both of these rods multiple times now for the last month. Deputy rigged with Shimano Chronarch 150HG is absolutely my favorite rod in the boat. The rod is very versatile and can be utilized for many applications. Only thing I don't care for is the cork handle so I am going to have Winn Grips installed. Toad face is also a very nice rod, will also be getting Winn Grips. Will be ordering another deputy and an ALX Zolo medium Crank and Dream next.
    We can do Winn Grips in house on a new build, you just have to special order. Customers are very one way or the other on those, so we just stay with the cork grips we've used for years now. But Winns are our #1 special request.

Thanks for the feedback!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    We can do Winn Grips in house on a new build, you just have to special order. Customers are very one way or the other on those, so we just stay with the cork grips we've used for years now. But Winns are our #1 special request.

Thanks for the feedback!
    You are very welcome. I can feel everything with the Deputy, tip and overall rod sensitivity is unreal. The rod also has tons of backbone when needed.

Alex, can you do Winn grips on an Ikos?

Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Alex, can you do Winn grips on an Ikos?
    Absolutely. Just need to know which style/color and we'll get them in and on! Give me a call - 866.628.5052 M-F 8A-530P or drop an email so we can figure out what you need and which rod models.

12. Member
    I have always been willing to spend more money on reels than on rods. A couple years ago a member on another forum gave me a great deal on a couple "good" rods. Since then I have wanted try some more "good" rods. I took advantage of Black Friday and ordered 2 Zolo rods...the Deputy and Toadface. Should be arriving next week, but too cold for this guy to be out. From what I've been able to gather so far the Deputy is a very versatile rod. I know the Toadface is suppose to be a great frog rod. What else do others fish on it?

Am currently looking for reviews on both models and building a file with comments from users of these rods. I really like what I read about ALX rods and have high expectations for them. The only rods I have that cost me more than what I spent on these ALX rods were used Zillions. Love the Zillion 7'6" HF but it doesn't see much use around here. The other is a Zillion 6'6" M-XF that hasn't seen much use because I quickly came to prefer longer baitcast rods. However, a 6'6" MLM Aetos has me rethinking this length rod as it is a joy to use.

The Toadface may not see a lot of use if it only gets fished with frogs. That would be a shame.
    Last edited by new2BC4bass; 12-03-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    I have always been willing to spend more money on reels than on rods. A couple years ago a member on another forum gave me a great deal on a couple "good" rods. Since then I have wanted try try some more "good" rods. I took advantage of Black Friday and ordered 2 Zolo rods...the Deputy and Toadface. Should be arriving next week, but too cold for this guy to be out. From what I've been able to gather so far the Deputy is a very versatile rod. I know the Toadface is suppose to be a great frog rod. What else do others fish on it?

The Toadface may not see a lot of use if it only gets fished with frogs. That would be a shame.
    Thanks for putting some trust in us to be a rod worth what you spent.

So today I used a Toadface for a carolina rig, a small spoon, a jig, and paddle tail swimbait. Caught fish on the C Rig and jig. But that wasn't the rod's fault. Have a lot of customers enjoying it for larger topwaters, swim jigs, pitching and of course... frogs. As you can see... it's an incredibly versatile rod.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We're in the shop M-F 8-530 EST. 866-628-5052. Thanks!!!

14. Member
    Alex, what do you think about using the Zolo-Mitch for flukes? thats originally what i purchased the rod for and can also use it for skipping docks.. Overall tho my first intention with this rod was for a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlaurent331 View Post
    Alex, what do you think about using the Zolo-Mitch for flukes? thats originally what i purchased the rod for and can also use it for skipping docks.. Overall tho my first intention with this rod was for a fluke.
    Depends on which size fluke. If it's a standard super fluke, we have a lot of guys skipping them under docks using the Mitch. The Mitch is also one heck of a senko rod.
    In big open water, the Speedfury is intended for flukes as it gives a longer cast.

Sorry for being slow to respond. I was up in TN at a show all weekend!

16. Member
    Bought my first ALX rod last year. I was very impressed and will be buying more! The positive reviews and comments on here are spot on!

Do you guys take trade ins...I have about 30 rods to replace.

18. Member
    Met Alex at the Richmond Fishing Expo and had to buy a Enox. This is now my second ALX rod (first being a Toadface). Have been nothing but impressed and plan on buying more. Just waiting on the wife to allow me to start building them myself with his Hydra blanks.

19. Member
    Not an ALX rod, but I just ordered one of the Hydra blanks that ALX rods are built on. I went with the SJ842 from the NG series of blanks. I'll be building a shaky head/ tube jig rod with it. After reading countless positive reviews of ALX rods and Hydra blanks, I'm really looking forward to building on one of these blanks. If they are anywhere near as good as the Rainshadow Immortal or Pac Bay Quickline blanks I've built on, I will be a happy camper.

Question for anyone that's ordered a blank from Hydra? Assuming the blank is in stock, how long can I expect it to take before I have the blank in hand? I live in northeast Ohio.

If its in stock it wont be long.. very quick turnaround

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast