Thread: Megabass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 73 Stag's Leap View Post
    Mark, I've been looking to get another Destroyer USA 110 Special for the past year with no luck. Is that rod completely discontinued or will we see a new supply coming in within the next 6 months? Thanks.
    There are none in stock and right now we are having same supplier chain issues everyone is facing. At some point in the future I will.know more in regards to better answer your question.

2. Member
    What is a megabass rod recommendation for 5” spark shad on a 6/0 beast hook 1/4 oz, 20lb fluoro?

Quote Originally Posted by nwstriper View Post
    What is a megabass rod recommendation for 5” spark shad on a 6/0 beast hook 1/4 oz, 20lb fluoro?
    They have several that would fit the bill, really depends on what length/action you prefer and how much you want to spend. If you dont mind a fast action rod then I would recommend the Perfect Pitch or the Diablo Spec R. If you want a more moderate action rod then I would recommend the Orochi XX Launcher. Its also an amazing crankbait rod. The Mark 48 in the USA Destroyer line is another great smaller swimbait rod but not currently available as is the Orochi XXX Destruction 70. Really need to know what you want to spend and what action you prefer to narrow it down.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nwstriper View Post
    I throw the equivalent with either gen of Diablo Spec-R or a Gen 1 Tour Versatile. Another option for a more moderate action is the Gen 2 XX EMTF.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Member
    Hi Mark. I have question about warranty. I bought Flyssa in July 2019. Second outing and I broke below 2 nd guide from the top.
    I received replacement in July. Did not used it till last week. I put line ( 6 lb mono) thru guides, slightly bent and it broke same place. Now I can see Megabass got 3 year warranty. Will this work for me?
    Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by casterus; 09-10-2021 at 03:10 PM.

What is the recommendation for jigs 3/8oz? Looking at the Orochi XX line of rods.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    What is the recommendation for jigs 3/8oz? Looking at the Orochi XX line of rods.

For me it would be the Perfect Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by casterus View Post
    Hi Mark. I have question about warranty. I bought Flyssa in July 2019. Second outing and I broke below 2 nd guide from the top.
    I received replacement in July. Did not used it till last week. I put line ( 6 lb mono) thru guides, slightly bent and it broke same place. Now I can see Megabass got 3 year warranty. Will this work for me?
    Thanks
    Adam

Just contact the CS folks via www.megabassusa.com as you did on the first. They will advise on how to proceed.

10. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    I'd go with a Perfect Pitch since adding the trailer will make the jig closer to 1/2 - 5/8 oz (and the PP is also a kickass frog rod). The other 2 options would be Braillist or Tour Versatile. The Braillist felt a little too mushy for me and I'll take the PP over a TV for jig fishing all day, every day.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

11. Member
    Hi Mark, thanks for starting this. I just picked up a Levante EMTF for middiving cranks but t seems like it could be a horse of many colors. what else should I consider this rod for?..

Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    Hi Mark, thanks for starting this. I just picked up a Levante EMTF for middiving cranks but t seems like it could be a horse of many colors. what else should I consider this rod for?..

Weightless soft plastics, larger topwaters, finesse jigs, small swimbaits on jigheads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12