Thread: RT 188 Quote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Ryan View Post
    Help us all out. What year and options? Your input would be greatly appreciated!
    2016 bought in in April this year
    MK Maxxum 70
    3 bank charger
    3 batteries with trays
    Auto bilge
    Recirc livewell
    Aluminum wheels
    Aluminum spare
    Ratcheting boat cover
    Boat buckles
    Hotfoot
    Seems like Im forgettimg something else as well.
    I installed 2 Helix 7's
    This was a showroom model, I could have upgrade to a 75hp for 1100 more but after test driving one with the 60 I had no problem with it. Ill just spend the extra on something else although it dosent need anything!!
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    2016 bought in in April this year
    MK Maxxum 70
    3 bank charger
    3 batteries with trays
    Auto bilge
    Recirc livewell
    Aluminum wheels
    Aluminum spare
    Ratcheting boat cover
    Boat buckles
    Hotfoot
    Seems like Im forgettimg something else as well.
    I installed 2 Helix 7's
    This was a showroom model, I could have upgrade to a 75hp for 1100 more but after test driving one with the 60 I had no problem with it. Ill just spend the extra on something else although it dosent need anything!!
    Thank you! That was a good deal! Who's your dealer?

Jet A Marine
    Also the hotfoot was extra 300 not included in the price. I had it installed after the purchase.

4. Member
    Talked with Jet A today and the 188 was 25ish there with a 115 4 stroke, they leave electronics up too you.

Just an FYI, since BPS has acquired Ranger/Triton/Stratos they are going with MAP pricing moving forward. They will be like buying at BPS, no discounts what so ever. The listed price plus freight and rigging. Johhny can screw up a wet dream. Anglers Port Marine has changed ownership and will now sell Phoenix......little telling in my book.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Talked with Jet A today and the 188 was 25ish there with a 115 4 stroke, they leave electronics up too you.
    They have a sharp silver 188 in the showroom. That silveris sharp

Options:
    Battery charger 15x3
    1 Starting battery with tray
    2 trolling batteries with tray
    Front deck extra rod strap
    Auto Bilge Pump
    Boarding Ladder
    Custom Boat Cover
    Aluminum wheels
    Aluminum spare
    Ranger Ratchet tie downs
    Front Trailer Step
    MinnKota Fortrexx 80
    4" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Dual ProTrim
    Dual Console (RT188 only)
    Stainless Prop
    No Feedback Steering Helm (dealer installed)

2017 RT188 w/ Evinrude 115 hp HO $27,000 out the door ORDERED TODAY
    2017 RT178 w/ Evinrude 75 hp $23,000 out the door
    Last edited by Ranger Ryan; 08-12-2016 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

8. Banned
    Options:
    Battery charger 15x3
    1 Starting battery with tray
    2 trolling batteries with tray
    Front deck extra rod strap
    Auto Bilge Pump
    Boarding Ladder
    Custom Boat Cover
    Aluminum wheels
    Aluminum spare
    Ranger Ratchet tie downs
    Front Trailer Step
    MinnKota Fortrexx 80
    4" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Dual ProTrim
    Dual Console (RT188 only)
    Stainless Prop
    No Feedback Steering Helm (dealer installed)

2017 RT188 w/ Evinrude 115 hp HO $27,000 out the door ORDERED TODAY
    2017 RT178 w/ Evinrude 75 hp $23,000 out the door
    Want that motor. Couple more years.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Want that motor. Couple more years.
    You have a great boat with accessories and have it like you want it. You might just look at trading motors and the financial hit would not be as bad......but knowing you, you have probably investigated that. If you could find one a dealer wanted to move, maybe it would work. I would keep the boat....paid for and not much to gain by recent model changes.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    You have a great boat with accessories and have it like you want it. You might just look at trading motors and the financial hit would not be as bad......but knowing you, you have probably investigated that. If you could find one a dealer wanted to move, maybe it would work. I would keep the boat....paid for and not much to gain by recent model changes.
    I see your point. I have a special relationship with BRP so I keep my business with them. My 2015 Ranger has a 250 G2 on it and I love it.

11. Banned
    This boat is a lifer for me. I will probably buy another (glass) one for retirement too. Can't beat the fishability of this boat in shallows and on smaller inland lakes. I'm amazed just what little water it will float in.

I'm glad you guys are chiming in here. I've never owned an aluminum boat other than little Jon boats. What kind of speed are you guys seeing? Will she do the advertised speed with moderate load? 40-45 mph??

13. Banned
    I'm glad you guys are chiming in here. I've never owned an aluminum boat other than little Jon boats. What kind of speed are you guys seeing? Will she do the advertised speed with moderate load? 40-45 mph??
    That HO should run 46-50

14. Member
    It seems you have gotten a ton of different prices from folks, but I'm positive your best option is going to be to find a new 2016 that is sitting on someone's lot. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 4 stroke options that are on them and you should be out the door below 26k (with a 24 volt TM and charger) mine was 23,495 and I didn't even try to work them down. That was a cash price, but don't think a finance price would be any different. Keep us posted and good luck I pick min up Tuesday and can't wait

This boat is a lifer for me. I will probably buy another (glass) one for retirement too. Can't beat the fishability of this boat in shallows and on smaller inland lakes. I'm amazed just what little water it will float in.
    I thought you were talking about the 115 HO for an aluminum boat when you said you wanted one in a couple of years. I didn't know you were talking glass. In my opinion, I would not buy a glass boat without at least a 150 on it. Most of them need at the minimum that to get the boat lifted properly.

Until I bought the RT188, for years I owned a glass boat and the aluminum Ranger Cherokee below that I still own. That is a good way to go. I had two bad experiences with blisters on the glass hulls. I have been on the water a lot and maybe that's why. The blister issue turned me off on glass until I can be sure some of the new production techniques are the key to prevention. I am hearing of some of the newer model boats with the new magic blister proof coatings still getting them. Makes me glad to own aluminum. The blister issue with glass boats is a true horror story with the consequences.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

16. Banned
    I thought you were talking about the 115 HO for an aluminum boat when you said you wanted one in a couple of years. I didn't know you were talking glass. In my opinion, I would not buy a glass boat without at least a 150 on it. Most of them need at the minimum that to get the boat lifted properly.

Until I bought the RT188, for years I owned a glass boat and the aluminum Ranger Cherokee below that I still own. That is a good way to go. I had two bad experiences with blisters on the glass hulls. I have been on the water a lot and maybe that's why. The blister issue turned me off on glass until I can be sure some of the new production techniques are the key to prevention. I am hearing of some of the newer model boats with the new magic blister proof coatings still getting them. Makes me glad to own aluminum. The blister issue with glass boats is a true horror story with the consequences.
    I am going to repower my Triton first. Hopefully with a G2 115 HO. Fish the crap out of it.
    And later get something for big water. Probably a deep v with a nice casting deck. That's a ways down the road.
    I agree with the blister issue. That will figure greatly into my choice also.

I am going to repower my Triton first. Hopefully with a G2 115 HO. Fish the crap out of it.
    And later get something for big water. Probably a deep v with a nice casting deck. That's a ways down the road.
    I agree with the blister issue. That will figure greatly into my choice also.
    Im hopeing that G2 115 will be out this year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12