Thread: Crestliner 19vt

Crestliner 19vt

Does anyone on here have one of these boats? What kind of speed are you getting? How do they handle? I've had my eye on one that a dealer has and just had a few questions.

2. Member
    I wish I could have found one at a dealer when I was looking. I do not know if many people that post on here own them. For some reason they do not have much market share despite the fact that everyone that has a crestliner likes them. I know I saw an 18 or 19 foot one on the lake this year and it was a great looking rig.

3. Member
    Mercury has a bulletin with a 150ProXS. 55mph. Vee Bottom and .100 metal.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I wish I could have found one at a dealer when I was looking. I do not know if many people that post on here own them. For some reason they do not have much market share despite the fact that everyone that has a crestliner likes them. I know I saw an 18 or 19 foot one on the lake this year and it was a great looking rig.
    Yea the dealer is about 3 hours from me and I have a tacker and a ranger dealer within half that far. I was just trying to see if anyone ad any complaints about them.

5. Member
    Crestliner makes quality boats. They can take a beating. I have had zero issues. Crestliner has been around up north forever.
    Please release me,let me go.

6. Member
    I have a new vt 19. I've had it since Memorial Day and I have zero complaints. With the 150 4 stroke I'm seeing about 50 mph with a full tournament load (way too much stuff), my partner and me (500+ between the two of us), one 12' talon, 3 batteries (24v), and a full tank. 54 is the fastest I've seen with just me. I have a 21p tempest plus on it but it's still not the right prop. It's a smooth ride for an aluminum bass boat and steering is great with the hydraulic. Moving from a pro team 185 the storage and deck space is what I love the most. We've easily fished three grown men from the boat, and I have the passenger console option. One of these days I'm going to do a walk-through and post it on YouTube, because I had so much trouble finding info when I bought mine. I had to look at one in Tuscaloosa when I drove my daughter out for school because there wasn't one anywhere near the west coast.

I have a 2011 so it has the 115. alone with empty livewell, half tank of gas and cool weather I get to 50mph. with the 150 I see no reason to get to at least mid 50's. well made boat. totally happy after 40 years of glass.

8. Member
    How about the livewells? Had any issues with them as far as the size goes

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EHolc View Post
    I have a new vt 19. I've had it since Memorial Day and I have zero complaints. With the 150 4 stroke I'm seeing about 50 mph with a full tournament load (way too much stuff), my partner and me (500+ between the two of us), one 12' talon, 3 batteries (24v), and a full tank. 54 is the fastest I've seen with just me. I have a 21p tempest plus on it but it's still not the right prop. It's a smooth ride for an aluminum bass boat and steering is great with the hydraulic. Moving from a pro team 185 the storage and deck space is what I love the most. We've easily fished three grown men from the boat, and I have the passenger console option. One of these days I'm going to do a walk-through and post it on YouTube, because I had so much trouble finding info when I bought mine. I had to look at one in Tuscaloosa when I drove my daughter out for school because there wasn't one anywhere near the west coast.
    I would really like to see a video. It would not help me now but I am sure that it would help others to see a good unbiased walk through.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane11991 View Post
    How about the livewells? Had any issues with them as far as the size goes
    I have not had any issues with livewell space, but I only fish solo or team tournaments so I never have a need to put more than 5 fish in the livewell. I took the divider out first time I used it and never put it back. Seems like it would be tight if you had to fit a good limit of fish on each side. Non-issue for me, but I could see it being too small for some. There is room back there for more livewell. It would be nice to see the VT move to something closer to what the new PT 20 has.

11. Member
    I have a 2012 VT19 and love it with a 115 Mercury four stoke i get 44 MPH tournament load with 2 people over 250lbs. With just me and tournament load i can run 48 MPH. Lots of storage.

I just ordered a VT 18 from Central Georgia Marine, because of all the pictures I've seen online of boats without props on them, I'm curious, did your boat come with a prop and the 3 batteries or did you have to pay extra?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsellsfords View Post
    I just ordered a VT 18 from Central Georgia Marine, because of all the pictures I've seen online of boats without props on them, I'm curious, did your boat come with a prop and the 3 batteries or did you have to pay extra?
    Props and batteries are built into the price and should come with your boat. A lot of dealers don't leave them on while they're stored on the lot because those are things that are expensive and easily stolen.
    2016 Crestliner VT 19
    150 Merc 4 stroke

14. Member
    Mine came with a prop & batteries. Although, I going to get a X7 prop soon I believe. You can't go wrong with a Crestliner. ��
    Rip them Lips!!!
    2016 Crestliner VT 18 115 Pro XS

15. Member
    I really like the Crestliner boat line up. I'm wanting the VT17 with the 75hp! The VT17 doesn't have the rod tubes like Ranger/Triton and I consider that a plus because I can put more rods in the rod box. Another plus is that I found I could get the Crestliner cheaper that Ranger/Triton.

16. Madfish
    Depends on what hp you are gonna run with it----there is only 7" diff in length in the vt-18 and 19 and only 7 lbs in wt----but hp rating is the diff---I run the 115ct which has the 150 gearcase---now coming off production line is the PT-18 rated for 150 with the same beam as the vt-20 so choices, choices