Thread: VXDN

VXDN

Does anybody own our trade these types of instruments based on the vix? I was thinking of buying a small piece just to hold as a hedge against volatility. Is this something you can hold or is it more like an option that expires? It says it is an ETf but any input would be appreciated. It looks extremely volatile but it is on the low side now so I was thinking of buying a small piece and if we get a crazy market event just selling if it goes up. Definitely not buying for the long term.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3990719-know-many-etfs good article to read in regards to buying these types of ETFs. After reading a description of the fund, I don't understand what the VXDN is or how it works so................ And there is barely any volume. A better option might be the VXX, short term, although I know many expect a split coming for it. Also consider inverse market ETFs like the SDS or the 3x SPXU. Maybe they give you what you are looking for in terms of a hedge. And another option, are option strategies, but thats another topic and discussion all together, very risky for the inexperienced.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Theres the VXX split
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    I bought a very small position of VXDN last week. It was up over 300% yesterday or so I thought. I tried to sell online and my trade got blocked. Called up the broker and he told me it was undergoing a reverse split