Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I caught one actually fishing for them about 5 years ago. Bottomed out my 30lb digital scale. Probably not a whole lot bigger, but likely a solid 35bs or so. Caught one around mid 20's last year at night on a brush hog in tournament. For about 30 seconds I thought i had the tournament won. Lol.
    I had one a few years back on the white river that had to push over 30. Hit a tube, on a ml spinning rod. Took roughly 30 minutes to get it in the boat.

Caught one flipping a beaver a few weeks ago about 10lbs. When I set the hook thought I had at least a 8lb bass for about 2 seconds.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Sunday ol Pachoka was stingy. We had less than a dozen show up for our club tourney and I see why. Weather was great but the bass not so much. I did manage to WIN tho! We had 3 keepers and thought we were smoked. As people weighed in it was 1 fish 2 fish 0 fish and boom 1st place. No pattern really. Used moving baits and saw one chasing shad. Never would I have thought 3 fish would win yesterday. We had two other good fish jump off at the boat. Prolly 15 short bass, some not as big as the bait...

3. Member
    Fished Sat and only had a few shorts. USA was won with 16 +, 2nd 14+. Was a bad day for us.

4. Member
    I went out for a few hours yesterday morning, picked up a couple early before the skies cleared................after the clouds went away so did the bite in the area I was in.

5. Member
    I was out there Sunday til around lunchtime. Of course it was the day after all the rain so I wasn't expecting a banner day, but it was pretty slow for me. Got one nice fish early and then struggled to get bit after that. Seems like the lake has been fishing a little tough last few weeks from reading all the reports. I did not see any of the grass sprouts guys have been mentioning though - I'd like to find a little bit of that grass just for my peace of mind!!!

Dan

Dan Brinegar
    Skeeter zx250
    250 HPDI

6. Member
    [QUOTE=uk2thdoc;7623497]I was out there Sunday til around lunchtime. Of course it was the day after all the rain so I wasn't expecting a banner day, but it was pretty slow for me. Got one nice fish early and then struggled to get bit after that. Seems like the lake has been fishing a little tough last few weeks from reading all the reports. I did not see any of the grass sprouts guys have been mentioning though - I'd like to find a little bit of that grass just for my peace of mind!!!

Dan[/QUOTE

One thing I did notice that kinda surprised me, while I was over by the Painter Creek ramp the water had a terrible brown slime on it that I didn't notice anywhere else on the lake. It reminded me of the stagnant slime you see on the Ohio river tributaries. With all the rain we had just had I was surprised to have seen this..............when I pulled my boat out I had the worst slime ring that I've had all year.

7. Banned
    My brother Ricky (that some of you may know), fished the USA bassin yesterday out of Osborne ramp. They won it with a little over 15lbs I believe. Think there were 15 or so boats and as a whole the weights were down. I don't even think they caught many, but it was enough.

5 for 15 is a goal man. Congrats to your brother!

9. Member
    Patoka had to be better than Rocky Point yesterday.....Hoosier Open had 67 boats and 9.9lbs won it.
    2002 518 DVX

10. Member
    Heading out in the morning, sure wish the air you can wear had stayed gone.......looking forward to fall!!

11. Member
    Picked up two keepers around 9:00 this morning........and I actually found some grass!!

Were the bass in the grass?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Were the bass in the grass?
    Actually no, but it's the first sign of grass that I've seen all year, hopefully it spread!

14. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Good to know the grass is there, even if its sparse. With this hot and humid weather, I'd bet it will come back in some places. But, as I said in an earlier post, most of my fish don't come out of the grass down there. But to be fair, the two biggest ones I've caught in the past couple of years, were in fact, in the grass or at the edge of it. I'd just like to get my boat back so I can head down there. Took it too Sherm's Monday for him to try to reattach the Hamby's, its coming loose. That...is a job that takes time.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Good to know the grass is there, even if its sparse. With this hot and humid weather, I'd bet it will come back in some places. But, as I said in an earlier post, most of my fish don't come out of the grass down there. But to be fair, the two biggest ones I've caught in the past couple of years, were in fact, in the grass or at the edge of it. I'd just like to get my boat back so I can head down there. Took it too Sherm's Monday for him to try to reattach the Hamby's, its coming loose. That...is a job that takes time.
    How is Sherm?
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

16. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    How is Sherm?
    Sherm is good, but is really busy...I mean with a capital B. He still hasn't replaced Scott, the other Mercury Tech that worked for him for many years. So he is the one doing everything. He does have a guy helping to some simple tasks, but he needs to find a tech soon.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Managed one keeper yesterday in that heat. Got 2nd if that tells you anything... Guy won had 2. I did manage to catch a giant flathead on a 5XD. Dude was stout. Hand held scales at ramp said 32lbs. Fished with my 7 year old and we swam 75% of the tournament It was just too dang hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12